X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid 12 Volt Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
    I think the M12 lineup is the way to go
    FYI:M12 lineup got a power boost. Currently invested in Bosch PS40 but will definitely consider M12 the next time

Milwaukee M12 XC battery has double the run time of the standard M12

Comment

Milwaukee seems to be focused on staying ahead with the 12v tools. I had to shake my head at the new , again clunky, bulky toots added by Ridgid. No way is that multi tool design going to hold up. They use plastic clips on a vibrating multi too that also has hammer mode? Looks like a bad idea, but you will see it will be discontinued by HD soon anyway, even if it was a good tool. I am beginning to think that HD contracts "x" number of a power tool, Ridgid runs that lot and stops making anymore, moves on to another idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
        Milwaukee seems to be focused on staying ahead with the 12v tools. I had to shake my head at the new , again clunky, bulky toots added by Ridgid. No way is that multi tool design going to hold up. They use plastic clips on a vibrating multi too that also has hammer mode? Looks like a bad idea, but you will see it will be discontinued by HD soon anyway, even if it was a good tool. I am beginning to think that HD contracts "x" number of a power tool, Ridgid runs that lot and stops making anymore, moves on to another idea.
        I agree but I think they half *** promote it by letting depot do (or not) the work. The portable table saw wasnt even on display at some stores. Not to mention at release time they pretty much predicted its demise. The multi tool is the same. They have already said if all goes well new head designs will be released. Not if depot promotes their usual crappy way they wont.

Comment

My drill came in a kit with a nail driver and a job max tool which the heads interchange the job max head would stop working and after letting it sit a while it would start to work again. The nail driver seems to work pretty well just recently the drill/ driver seems to work when it wants to it appears to be an issue with the trigger. I only use the tool around the house and not for professional use. I have been a big fan of Ridgid tools from professional tools so I am a little disappointed in it's performance. I guess I will see how thier warranty is. If anyone is having the same issues

Comment

Originally posted by Mikewcope View Post
            My drill came in a kit with a nail driver and a job max tool which the heads interchange the job max head would stop working and after letting it sit a while it would start to work again. The nail driver seems to work pretty well just recently the drill/ driver seems to work when it wants to it appears to be an issue with the trigger. I only use the tool around the house and not for professional use. I have been a big fan of Ridgid tools from professional tools so I am a little disappointed in it's performance. I guess I will see how thier warranty is. If anyone is having the same issues

My jobmax did the same thing to me once, and my drill did the same... the batteries were dead. the fade free batt design means it just stops working. Did you try charging it? i use my jobmax just about everyday, and i have no issues. i have only charged the 2 batts i have i would say 4 time's since 11 16 10. if its a tool you use once a month i would say charge the batt the night before and see what happens. also where you store it can determine battery life.

Comment

Working...
            X