Wet/Dry Vac Pump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet/Dry Vac Pump

I bought the RIDGID Wet/Dry Vac pump accessory on Tuesday and used it in my attic to empty my overflow condensate drip pan without having to lug a shop vac bottom full of water down the attic stairs (I needed to fill the pan on purpose to check out my float switch, but didn't want to leave it half full afterwards). It fit my Craftsman wet/dry vac perfectly (I needed to use the adapter to get it a few inches out) and pumped out the water really fast. It would be really convenient if the pump was variable speed (if it was slower I could have just dumped it down my 3/4" drain line).

My other suggestion is that you should put the valve on the end of the hose, not at the pump (as in the pictures in the manual/box). That way you can control the flow where your hose is instead of at the pump.

Re: Wet/Dry Vac Pump

For your job you might like what's called a DRILL PUMP KIT. You can power it from either a fast corded or cordless drill. It's a small pump that will self prime over a short distance. The outlet connects to garden hose and you can use either smaller diameter inlet side tubing or garden hose. Normally any good hardware store like ACE should have them. Look in the plumbing section where they sell sump and utility pumps.

Your rigging up of the shop vac was good too.

Comment

Re: Wet/Dry Vac Pump

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
      For your job you might like what's called a DRILL PUMP KIT. You can power it from either a fast corded or cordless drill. It's a small pump that will self prime over a short distance. The outlet connects to garden hose and you can use either smaller diameter inlet side tubing or garden hose. Normally any good hardware store like ACE should have them. Look in the plumbing section where they sell sump and utility pumps.

Your rigging up of the shop vac was good too.
      The drill pump kit seems like a pretty nifty idea, nice and small too.

One other thing I think would be nice for the RIDGID pump with a RIDGID vac is if they would make an outlet on the vac for the pump, so you didn't need to have two cords going to outlets. It would also make your vac just like a more general extension cord.

Comment

Working...
      X