Big Power in a VSR Pistol Grip Drill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Power in a VSR Pistol Grip Drill

The other day I got to test out a RIDGID model R7111 VSR corded drill. Being the owner of both a trusty Milwaukee 0234-1 and a Milwaukee 0300-20 the first thing I noticed is how close the Ridgid is to the 0300-20 in specs and styling. There are some things that are not the same however. The RIDGID has a nice long 12' power cord. The adjustable side handle feels much better in my hands. It also sounds a little different. What both of them have is awesome raw brute power for their size. What I don't like is that they are nose heavy where my 0234-1 is shorter and balanced better. I figure the more powerful motor needed a longer armature and field coil assembly. As for quality I'll take the older design Milwaukee 0234-1 any time over any of the newer drills. As for something that really is nice but also costly, check out the METABO 2 speed (gears shift) model BE1020 or if it's high torque and a slower speed the single speed (gears) model BE622. Both have full electronics for variable speed and reversing. Both are German quality and both have high price tags. I think my old trusty Milwaukee 0234-1 along with many other drills I have picked up over the years will outlast me.

Has anyone else tried out any of the RIDGID VSR corded drills or corded hammer drills? If yes, do you have any comments on them?

Re: Big Power in a VSR Pistol Grip Drill

Just a point of interest, the predecessor to the R7111 was the R7100, it was made in Germany by Metabo and was almost identical to the BE710
    The R5010 was also a Metabo product
    Last edited by wbrooks; 08-05-2008, 08:01 AM.

Comment

The older RS1000 angle grinder was also a Metabo. I think one of the older Ridgid jigsaws was Metabo built too.

Comment

Tis true. I have the R3120 jig saw and the R2610 ROS, both made in Germany

Comment

Good for you WB

Comment

Working...
          X