X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid 18v x2 refurb kit

I just got my rigid reconditioned 18v combo kit for 250.00 from home depot.com

• New Tool Price is $449.00. This is a savings of $200.00.
    • Hammer Drill: max 2500 high capacity battery
    • Impact Driver: diecast gear box for durability
    • Reciprocating Saw: tool-less blade clamp
    • Circular Saw: aluminum guards and shoe
    • Light: 90° pivoting head
    The sound and power of 18v tools is impressive, I have yet to use many of them but they seem much more powerfull then my 12v dewalt.

Things that sucked: the circular saw and light were DOA. The motor in the saw ran but the blade didnt move, and the flashlight bulb was burnt out and the spare in the head was not there. So i have yet to use them. Home depot said they sent me the two tools to replace them.

for the drill, I have a question, is it hard to click the torque selector to the drill icon, everything other setting 1-24 is smooth and lines up, but to set it to the drill icon i have to really twist the heck out of it to line up, I'm not sure if its broken?

I had great luck with dewalt recondition tool and figured the rigid would be just as good, should i return the whole set?

Re: Rigid 18v x2 refurb kit

Originally posted by ArmandSV View Post
    for the drill, I have a question, is it hard to click the torque selector to the drill icon, everything other setting 1-24 is smooth and lines up, but to set it to the drill icon i have to really twist the heck out of it to line up, I'm not sure if its broken?

I had great luck with dewalt recondition tool and figured the rigid would be just as good, should i return the whole set?
    I would have expected a decent "reconditioned" kit to have tools in good working order. Hopefully HD sends a better circular saw/light.
    One of my new Ridgid drill torque selectors also needed some twisting to fully engage drill mode. A few hard repeated twists and some use of the drill seemed to provide the necessary "breakn in". FYI: The Ridgid advantage of LLSA may not apply to reconditioned tools.
    Last edited by reConx; 08-25-2008, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Re: Rigid 18v x2 refurb kit

here is the update

home depot called me yesterday and said that they would refund the order and that I was to take the tools back to my local store (batteries are hazard shipping)

then rigid would send me another complete reconditioned set. I dont think the lifetime warranty applies :-( to the reconditioned tools, but I take very good care of my tools so they should last. And batteries are cheap on ebay so I will buy the 18v Li ones when the nicad die.

I'm happy with home depot's and rigid's response to the problem, home depot also offered me 10% off the set for my troubles, which was another 25 off. And the set comes with 2 batteries and a dual charger. Once I get the 18v jig saw, I will be a very happy man

I did get to try the 18v drill and impact driver, wow! I cant wait till I get the set back.

Comment

Working...
      X