X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid WD12450 Wet/Dry Vac

This is my second unit in the past 4 years. Both times the motor brushes burned out. The brushes and the motor are NOT available for replacement do to the fact that they are built in China. Imagine that??? Now that I have lost my second unit I am inquiring on the warranty process. It does have a lifetime limited on the entire unit. They have informed me that I need to package it up and ship in the power head in for inspection and acceptance of this part for a warranty. All I need is a $5.00 motor brush and I am back in business. This seems to be a waste of everyones time for something that costs around $50.00. Anyone else have success with a warrantied unit???

Re: Ridgid WD12450 Wet/Dry Vac

Have you taken the old brush to ACE Hardware? Believe it or not they carry a reasonable selection of motor brushes and just might have the size and style you need.

What are you using this wet-vac for that you're burning up brushes so rapidly? I have two Ridgid wet-vacs and one is almost 10 years old! and it's running strong!

Cactus Man

Comment

Its a shame Ridgid doesn't have good quality motors on thier vacs like on my WD600 that I have for many yrs. Now as a happy owner of a WD1956 I'm surprised that both still work despite yrs of heavy use.

Comment

I have the same vac as the original poster. It is about two years old. I did send the power head in for warranty evaluation. I did not hear back from the service center for several weeks, so I just called them for a status report. They have concluded that my vacuum was misused and will not be replaced. I have only ever used it to vacuum small job site messes, and always with the filter on. It was only used occasionally. Without disassembling the unit, it looked and sounded as though the motor bearings went bad. It is a little frustrating to have someone conclude that the unit was not used correctly when I know that is not the case. I will most likely not buy another one even though I really liked it while it was working.
        Last edited by geezer; 01-23-2009, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X