X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA process review

Let me begin this rant by saying I have yet to experience any Ridgid tool that I own fail!

I have not utilized any ridgid repair facility. I have not returned any tool to Home Depot
    during the initial ownership time due to a tool failure.

I do not abuse my tools and I use them for what they are designed to do. For example, I never use a straight slot screwdriver as a chisel or pry bar! I use a chisel or pry bar for the task! In fact, all of my Ridgid tools are performing exactly as advertised and I'm very satisfied with them.

I do however have nothing but a negative posture towards the Ridgid scam of "LSA"

I purchased my first Ridgid tool and joined this reflector around 2005.
    To date, they have yet to reply to my queries, calls, and e-mails regarding "LSA" registration!

Home Depot never has supported the Ridgid line properly and I have been forced to utilize E-bay/internet for many Ridgid items! Especially batteries, chargers, sanding sleeves, individual 18v battery operated tools, etc.! Often these purchases included "the original receipt and UPC code" to allow product registration. Ridgid has recognized some purchases for their 3 year warranty but often they will not. I'm not even trying for the "LSA" as they have in their really really fine print.."gotta buy it at Home Depot only clause"

I'll avoid the serial number debacle for another rant..how can three batteries have the same serial number? AND they were purchased at different places and different times?

This site allowed me to register my tools and keep an inventory....Sadly, this never did function too well. Recently Ridgid decided to rearrange that part of this site and
    I've yet to access any of my information. OK, growing pains and bugs but some of you are in and others can't even get passed the password page!

The folks at Home Depot have no clue about the Ridgid line they sell, let alone anything about the "LSA" program! or product support!!! [ I'm in the Phoenix AZ area]

So, Ridgid I have an idea for you [if you're reading this]:

1. keep the 3 year super warranty as is. It's excellent!

2. include the correct warranty application forms with the product, such as, a three year card and then a "LSA" form if applicable. This will reduce confusion as to what is and what is not covered!

3. If Home Depot is an almost exclusive distributor of the Ridgid line how about you folks get together over a cup of coffee and figure out how to work together for the benefit of the product and customer base! Teach the sales personal about the warranty packages you offer and how they work! Too many here even misunderstand what the "LSA" does!
    You are losing millions of dollars in sales to E-bay and other non Ridgid or Home Depot
    sites.

4. Simplify the "LSA" registration process....how can I resubmit "original paperwork" after you lost it? I do not have room to keep the boxes the tools came in, and there is usually only one UPC stamp on the box. I've been told over the telephone "sorry, photocopies don't count"!!!!!!!

5. If we are able to register on-line here, then make it work! We can provide all the numbers and documentation..UPC code, product information, receipt number, etc. and avoid the postal mail losses you conveniently claim happened!

I understand you have to take certain precautions to keep fraud to a minimum. I respect that, but I also claim that the majority of your "loyal" tool users are honest! and will follow what rules you establish! I just ask you make the process reasonable and workable!

Cactus Man

Re: LSA process review

I have registered products on two separate occasions. Oct4/08 and Aug17/08. Will I EVER receive a warranty card in MY lifetime?
    My advice to everyone buying and submitting warranty requisites is to photocopy everything. Receipts, barcodes,registrations applications and even emails received concerning those products. If I had the money people lost due to denied warranties and rebates I could hire Norm Abrams. And then I wouldn't need any power tools. I would have enough money left over to bailout the automakers, But I wouldn't......

Comment

Like Cactus Man, I am very happy with my many Ridgid tools and I have yet found the need to make any claims via the LLSA. When that time comes, I do expect to be satisfied in a reasonable time frame for repair.

However, I am somewhat concerned over this registration debacle that appears to be in a state of chaos. How and why this "Toolbox" screwup occurred is beyond my concern; BUT, why has it NOT been fixed??

More importantly, why are we not reading any posts from our Ridgid friends, telling us that fixes are underway and deadlines for that project have been set. The lack of such posts is certainly of concern for me, I'm wondering if there's a major failure and all the information is actually lost or so fouled up that recovery isn't possible.

If that is the case, then what are we doing to recover the loss? I would think that we should be getting some form of request that we, as registered tool owners, need to take in order to provide Ridgid/TTI in order to protect our investment in their products. So Ridgid, what is going on and what, if anything, should we be doing to help? Is there a particular contact person that we should know about or do we just continue to call and hear a vague "we're working on it" response from the phone support folks?

Concerned,

CWS

Comment

IMO a "CONSTRUCTIVE" FORUM POLL about Ridgid Power Tools may help get the attention of Ridgid/moderators. If all of the Ridgid forum members voted on topics such as LSA, warranty registration, warranty repairs, power tool reliability, e-box likes/dislikes, etc., the results will look more convincing as a group instead of just individual complaints/successes on the phone, e-mail. Positive changes to the current LSA/warranty registration process should be part of this poll to express our suggestions as a group to improve Ridgid Power Tools reputation for pro-quality power tools.

I have seen nice colorful forum polls designed by members here that make a statement on a particular issue.....
        Last edited by reConx; 12-07-2008, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Thought I would dust off this thread since my decision to buy Ridgid power tools today was largely based on the language written in their LSA, specifically about lifetime replacement batteries. http://www.ridgid.com/Manuals/RidgidLSA.pdf

I will say that based on all the negative info I'm reading in this forum, I'm more than a bit concerned about any chances that Ridgid will actually honor this LSA when I need it.

My last two cordless drills were Makita with nickle metal hydrid batteries. Drills were great, but I have nothing good to say about the batteries. After a few months of use, batteries refused to hold a charge longer than a week... often only a few days.

And I'm quite disturbed about reading in this forum that any battery purchases NOT part of a combo kit are excluded from the LSA. The LSA says nothing about this. It simply states "The Lifetime Service Agreement provides the original owner of qualifying RIDGID® Brand tools a lifetime of free replacement batteries...." There's nothing in this statement that suggests batteries not in a kit are excluded, yet when I registered my kit and extra battery online today, the status clearly shows the extra battery I bought is "not LSA eligible." If this it true, it's clear DECEPTION by Ridgid IMO.

So, as of today, I have 90 days to return all my Ridgid purchases to Home Depot... and I will if this trend is going where I think it is. I'll buy Ryobi instead if that happens. I'll have to pay for replacement batteries, but they'll be less and at least I won't be a victim of false advertising.

So, has anyone actually had a positive experience with this issue?
          Dave,
          So Cal

Comment

Originally posted by dbarton View Post
            And I'm quite disturbed about reading in this forum that any battery purchases NOT part of a combo kit are excluded from the LSA. The LSA says nothing about this. It simply states "The Lifetime Service Agreement provides the original owner of qualifying RIDGID® Brand tools a lifetime of free replacement batteries...." There's nothing in this statement that suggests batteries not in a kit are excluded, yet when I registered my kit and extra battery online today, the status clearly shows the extra battery I bought is "not LSA eligible." If this it true, it's clear DECEPTION by Ridgid IMO.
            WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THE LIFETIME SERVICE AGREEMENT:
            The Lifetime Service Agreement on RIDGID® Hand Held Power Tools, Stationary Power Tools and
            Pneumatic Tools covers all worn parts in properly maintained tools, including normal wear items such
            as brushes, chucks, motors, switches, gears and even cordless batteries in your qualifying RIDGID® brand hand held and stationary power tools; and replacement rings, driver blades and
            bumpers on RIDGID® Brand pneumatic tools for the lifetime of the original owner. This Lifetime
            Service Agreement does not apply to other RIDGID® Brand products.

That doesn't sound like false advertising to me. Qualifying RIDGID® Brand tools is being very specific IMO as a replacement battery is not a tool but an accessory. Nit picking probably but hey, it makes the lawyers happy.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by dbarton View Post
              The LSA says nothing about this. It simply states "The Lifetime Service Agreement provides the original owner of qualifying RIDGID® Brand tools a lifetime of free replacement batteries...." There's nothing in this statement that suggests batteries not in a kit are excluded, yet when I registered my kit and extra battery online today, the status clearly shows the extra battery I bought is "not LSA eligible." If this it true, it's clear DECEPTION by Ridgid IMO.

While the above quote may be your interpretation, I cannot find that statement anywhere within the LLSA statement. (But of course, I may have missed it somewhere.)

What is stated, is exactly what was copied in Badger Dave's response. Which, in agreement with his opinion, is pretty clear to me also.

I have had no reason to require any replacement of my batteries yet. I have had service under the LLSA and I am completely satisfied with that. My only wish being that I wish the there were more service centers, as my once local guy is no longer doing that. But there's always UPS!

Bottom line, it that nothing is perfect and yes there is a lot of complaints about turnaround time. But in view of the competition (NOT) on the LLSA I guess you could, as you mention, take spend your $$ elsewhere. But, IMO, you'd be only spiting yourself, but to each his own.

I'd take another look, and then do whatever makes you feel best.

CWS

Comment

Not for nothing but, after waiting a month now for my batteries to get replaced (and still waiting...), I will never buy another RIDGID tool again. The word LIFETIME apparently refers to how long you have to wait for service! This will be reported to the BBB.

Comment

Has anyone ever got there LSA ?

Comment

Originally posted by brent30136 View Post
                    Has anyone ever got there LSA ?
                    If you're talking about the card then yes, I got mine years ago. If you're talking about using the LSA then no, not yet. All of my Ridgid tools have worked and continue to work just fine since the day I brought them home.
                    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                      Just wanted to let you know I operate one of the Authorized service centers,
                      One headache is Men and women bring tools in to be fixed under warranty, 1 they have no receipt! 2 they claim they were told it's lifetime! and 3 if you are not registered and have no rec'pt I have to go by the serial number on the tool. No sn# no warranty! the biggest headache for me other than no receipts or registration (LSA) number is having to purchase the batteries to be replaced, yes there is a reimbursement but some are pro-rated like a car battery. If you drop it off the roof! or ran over it, it's going to be billable!
                      Thanks for listening.
                      Technut

Comment

Working...
                      X