18v 3 peice combo kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18v 3 peice combo kit

I bought the 18v ridgid combo kit with the drill/driver, Reciprocating saw, flashlight and charger about a year ago now. I used it extensively in a personal remodel project, and in my day to day work as a Plumber. The drill has an amazing amount of power, I drill 2 9/16" holes with a self feeding bit on a daily basis, and much larger with a hole saw.
    The saw will do any project I throw it's way, though it does seem to go through batteries fast.
    The batteries are my only complaint, the charge on them is great at first, and on one of my two batteries is still like new. the other battery finally went completely dead this week, but it's been limping along for months.

In short, i'd buy it again, it's got all the power I need to complete any task I put it against in new construction.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Re: 18v 3 peice combo kit

[quote=MoJourneyman;205523]The batteries are my only complaint, the charge on them is great at first, and on one of my two batteries is still like new. the other battery finally went completely dead this week, but it's been limping along for months[quote]

On-the-job reviews say a lot about a power tool. Any brand of batteries have a finite life and will eventually need replacement so take advantage of the 3yr or LSA for your bad battery.

Comment

Just watch it on the LSA. I am not upset yet, but I need to talk to someone at Ridgid. I was just informed that the LSA is what they consider the "life of the tool" not a lifetime warranty like all the marketing leads you to believe. I was told this by a service center, and NOT by Ridgid yet, but just wanted to give you a heads up on that. Check your facts first. As much as I love my Ridgid stuff, this could be a deal breaker for me once I talk to them if I get the wrong answer. I hate being misled by Marketing BS. I hope your deal works out, just wanted to let you know what I'm going through now.

Comment

MoJourneyman...what is the model number of the kit you purchased?
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
        X