R931 Combo Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R931 Combo Kit

I picked up this 24V Li Combo kit a few weeks back at Home Depot for 299.00.

I was in need of a good Recip Saw and Impact Driver along with some good Li technology. I thought going with the 24V was the better way to go as it would last longer and give more power to the recip saw while in use. I was also looking to keep the price down on all of this. I found getting this combo was only 399.00 vs 499.00 for the 18V X3 combo kit. Also I have no use for a cordless Circ Saw.

So after a lot of reviews and research I choose the R931 24V Li combo kit.
    I find it to be perfect for my needs. I have used the impact driver and just love it. I am new to the Li technology and find it to be exactly what I have been looking for. I am enjoying the longer run times along with not having to worry about the slow discharge that causes cordless tools to come to a wimper in the end. I also like the overall weight, beefy but not to heavy for prolonged use. The recip saw is just what I was looking for. It is powerful and smooth. I find it easy to adjust the foot and change out blades. The light that it comes with is just a bonus. Lastly I love the nice contractor bag, it is heavy and very useful for many things.

Overall I give the kit a 5 out of 5. The only downside I can think of is the lack of batteries in the stores. If I need to get more I have to either buy the battery kit or hit ebay.

Re: R931 Combo Kit

Originally posted by RHULAND View Post
    I picked up this 24V Li Combo kit a few weeks back at Home Depot for 299.00.

I was in need of a good Recip Saw and Impact Driver along with some good Li technology. I thought going with the 24V was the better way to go as it would last longer and give more power to the recip saw while in use. I was also looking to keep the price down on all of this. I found getting this combo was only 399.00 vs 499.00 for the 18V X3 combo kit. Also I have no use for a cordless Circ Saw.

So after a lot of reviews and research I choose the R931 24V Li combo kit.
    I find it to be perfect for my needs. I have used the impact driver and just love it. I am new to the Li technology and find it to be exactly what I have been looking for. I am enjoying the longer run times along with not having to worry about the slow discharge that causes cordless tools to come to a wimper in the end. I also like the overall weight, beefy but not to heavy for prolonged use. The recip saw is just what I was looking for. It is powerful and smooth. I find it easy to adjust the foot and change out blades. The light that it comes with is just a bonus. Lastly I love the nice contractor bag, it is heavy and very useful for many things.

Overall I give the kit a 5 out of 5. The only downside I can think of is the lack of batteries in the stores. If I need to get more I have to either buy the battery kit or hit ebay.
    I agree, great set. Battery thing sucks agree. Wish ridgid would make new tools for 24 volt set, I know I said it before, but they need to stop reinventing the 18 volt stuff and help me spend my money on some 24 volt stuff! Ridgid STOP BEING SECRETIVE ABOUT YOUR PLANS FOR THIS LINE!

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
      I agree, great set. Battery thing sucks agree. Wish ridgid would make new tools for 24 volt set, I know I said it before, but they need to stop reinventing the 18 volt stuff and help me spend my money on some 24 volt stuff! Ridgid STOP BEING SECRETIVE ABOUT YOUR PLANS FOR THIS LINE!

I agree with you entirely!!!!!

Comment

Been doing some research on the discontinued 4 piece version of this kit (R932). I just now found out that a while back this 4 piece kit was being blown out for $317 at all Home Depots. I was very disappointed that I missed out on that incredible sale. Had I needed a set then, I would have grabbed one at that deal of a price.

So.. after much searching, I came across the 3 piece kit (R931) which does not have the circular saw. My local HD was moving out their R931 kits for $239 so I picked up a set for myself. Lucky for me they also were clearancing out their 24v circular saw (tool only) for $89 (which is the same saw as the one that was originally included in the R932 kit) so I bought one of those as well to round out my set for a total of $328 plus tax.

That's not too shabby for a 18v/24v dual max select kit, equivalent to the R932 sets that were previously being offered.

So for those who missed out on the before Christmas sale.. here's another chance for you to get your 4 piece kit.

Remember these all come with the standard 3 year warranty and if you register your purchase online then you will be covered with the LifeTime Service Agreement including free battery replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by cichlid_baby View Post
          Been doing some research on the discontinued 4 piece version of this kit (R932). I just now found out that a while back this 4 piece kit was being blown out for $317 at all Home Depots. I was very disappointed that I missed out on that incredible sale. Had I needed a set then, I would have grabbed one at that deal of a price.

So.. after much searching, I came across the 3 piece kit (R931) which does not have the circular saw. My local HD was moving out their R931 kits for $239 so I picked up a set for myself. Lucky for me they also were clearancing out their 24v circular saw (tool only) for $89 (which is the same saw as the one that was originally included in the R932 kit) so I bought one of those as well to round out my set for a total of $328 plus tax.

That's not too shabby for a 18v/24v dual max select kit, equivalent to the R932 sets that were previously being offered.

So for those who missed out on the before Christmas sale.. here's another chance for you to get your 4 piece kit.

Remember these all come with the standard 3 year warranty and if you register your purchase online then you will be covered with the LifeTime Service Agreement including free battery replacement.

Good to hear you were able to get what you wanted too at a good price. I always enjoy getting a good deal on just the items I need or want.

Comment

Working...
          X