Tile saw bearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tile saw bearing

Has anyone with a ridgid tile saw had the bearing go out? When I cut a tile the blade starts wobbling bad and chipping the tile. I have tried 3 brand new blades, not the cheap ones, the ridgid and mk blades and it still does it. So I am thinking that a bearing went bad on my motor. I have read about this happening on other forums but wondering if this is a common problem? The saw is about 2-3 years old. THanks

Re: Tile saw bearing

If you cut a lot of tiles on the saw you probably did kill the bearing. That dust is so fine that it gets everywhere and can eat up bearings or clog up areas that need to breathe.

Do yourself a favor and get a small wet saw from HD or Lowes for around $80 or $90 if you can't afford better.

I've never had to replace a bearing though. Good luck and hopefully some other advice will help out.

Comment

small wet saw for 80-90 bucks? I spent 700 on the ridgid wet saw so how would these cheap ones be better? I have done probably 2000 ft of tile but I wouldn't think the bearing would go out this quick? THanks

Comment

We'll chalk this up to me misreading somehow.

I thought you were cutting tiles on a tablesaw for some reason. I must have just come out of a TS thread.

I would expect some noise from a bad bearing. Sorry for the misinterpretation that cluttered up your thread.

Comment

That's fine. I don't remember any noise but the saw is loud itself and might not have noticed any bearing noise. If not the bearing then any other parts that would make the blade wobble? I've been trying to find ridgid parts online and I can't find anything for this tile saw. Anyone know where to get parts for this tile saw? Thanks

Comment

Someone mentioned getting blade stiffeners at Sears for like $12 that did the trick on it.

Comment

http://ridgidsupport.com/products/product.aspx?ID=4 <<<<<<< Parts and service

Comment

Thanks smack and aurther. I ended up getting a really thick blade. The mk hotdog blades are not ment for the ridgid saw. I tried a couple other blades also and I guess they were to thin also. I finally found the tile saw page on the ridgid website. Ridgid has horrible customer support and come to find out they don't even make the saw or service it or sell parts for it. You have to go threw chervon and luckily they have good customer support. Ridgid should at least support the products it sells with thier name on.

Comment

Working...
                X