Vcauums can cause a fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vcauums can cause a fire

This is the reason we have ten pages of warnings, dangers, and cautions in all power
    tool operating manuals.
    This is why we have a decal on a gas or electric powered lawn mower indicating "it's not
    wise to stick your fingers under the deck with the blades spinning to clear a clog"!!!!!

It's a shame the lawyers prey on folks "stupid folks" that have no business using power tools or for that matter any hand tools....I envision someone trying to hammer a nail into something using the claw end of the hammer!!!! Then suing the company since he was blinded by a flying nail!

But sadly in today's education system no one is taught anything about hand tools or power tools, or any type of tool safety!
    They watch Tim Allen on "Tool-Time" and say "yep! I can do that"!!

I do applaud those coming here on this and similar reflectors asking questions...sometimes we lose patience with the parroting of simple questions over and over again! Perhaps we should design some sort of index and then teach folks to do a search before asking?

Never the less, We do get novice wood workers, plumbers, electricians, metal workers,
    and folks trying to maintain their homes....I do not want to discourage their questions and requests for advice or direction...

But come on folks..your responsibility is to know your limitations, learn how to read English so you can read and comprehend the operator's manual. After you learn the tool and have questions not obvious in the manual then have at it. Read those ten pages in the beginning of your tool manual!

BE SAFE! Sucking gasoline out of a tank using a wet/dry vacuum...
    Welding without proper eye protection and safety gear.....
    Sweating [soldering] copper pipe without safety equipment and even
    a fire extinguisher handy..........
    Banging a nail blindly into a wall that may have electrical wires, gas lines,
    plumbing pipes behind it........

You deserve all the consequences and have no one to blame but your stupid self!

Cactus Man

Comment

I just spent a week from home where the only thing to do was watch the DIY network on cable, since we don't have it here. I watched a LOT of shows and each time I saw something that gave me shivers: welding with short sleeves, tack welding without a helmet, no safety glasses when using pneumatic nailers, no gloves when doing demolition work, using a compound miter saw to cut steel, using carpentry hammers to drive cold chisels, and on and on until I couldn't count and relate all the safety violations and stupid things I saw people do. And these are from the "experts" who have their own television shows. what the heck are we teaching the novices who watch this stuff? Most of the individuals that are "experts" should be removed from the shows and sent back to whatever rock they crawled out from under and have their power tools forcibly removed from their hands. These guys are just plain DANGEROUS.
      Cheers,
      Jim Don

Comment

Originally posted by JimDon View Post
        I just spent a week from home where the only thing to do was watch the DIY network on cable, since we don't have it here. I watched a LOT of shows and each time I saw something that gave me shivers: welding with short sleeves, tack welding without a helmet, no safety glasses when using pneumatic nailers, no gloves when doing demolition work, using a compound miter saw to cut steel, using carpentry hammers to drive cold chisels, and on and on until I couldn't count and relate all the safety violations and stupid things I saw people do. And these are from the "experts" who have their own television shows. what the heck are we teaching the novices who watch this stuff? Most of the individuals that are "experts" should be removed from the shows and sent back to whatever rock they crawled out from under and have their power tools forcibly removed from their hands. These guys are just plain DANGEROUS.
        Cheers,
        Jim Don
        It's totally appalling how so called experts totally lack any manor of respect for the human body. You're so right that they need to go back under their rock and stay there.

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
          Go away, you lying idiot! I don't understand what jollies you get out of a post like this. If it were true it would show your sons ignorance! Goodbye dumbass.

Yea, What Dan says......

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
            To everyone: READ the owner's manual before use.
            THAT'S the ticket! I'm sure that somewhere in there it would have said something about this situation being bad!

But no, the customer screwed up, so let's blame someone else. Kind of like someone that fails to get an oilchange for the life of their vehicle, and after about 70k miles or so, their engine goes BOOM! So, let's blame the car company, for not making it completely obvious that the oil needed to be changed.

What is happening in this world? No one takes responsibility for their own screw-ups anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
              To the earlier point, thankfully nobody was hurt. The forum passion is a site to see. Think this one has run it's course.
              Sorry. Didn't look at the dates.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post

Trouble maker!!!

INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                  At least it was in the current calendar year.
                  ================================================== ====
                  ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Working...
                  X