X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid jig saw blade question

I recently opened my Ridgid R883 max select jig saw and have a question for others who own this saw. I installed the new blade, and I noticed when you release the blade clamp it seems that my blade does not track quite straight. Like the clamps twists the blade a little to the left.

Is this what you have experienced, and if so, will it still make good cuts?

Thanks!

Re: Ridgid jig saw blade question

Originally posted by cacaparrot View Post
    I recently opened my Ridgid R883 max select jig saw and have a question for others who own this saw. I installed the new blade, and I noticed when you release the blade clamp it seems that my blade does not track quite straight. Like the clamps twists the blade a little to the left.

Is this what you have experienced, and if so, will it still make good cuts?

Thanks!
    There are a couple of tricks necessary when installing blades in this saw to keep them from popping out or having them lock with the blade out of alignment.

Turn the saw upside down with the blade pointing to the front. Push the release lever and stop when the chuck is in alignment, if you push it all the way the blade will be installed at the angle you have experienced. Push the blade firmly into the chuck. You will feel it push through a spring detent and bottom, and then it will be properly installed. If you don't push firmly enough the blade will pop out when you start cutting. Release the arm and you are ready to go.
    One other item. We have found that it is very easy to accidently knock the bevel locking arm loose which allows the shoe to be easily knocked out of adjustment resulting in unwanted bevel cuts. Hate it when that happens!
    We have found it to be a fairly good performer for a cordless saw. Very handy for those times you don't want to pull out the cords. A on/off switch similar to the recip saw would decrease the clumsiness factor involved with the current grrrrrrrrr safety switch. A trigger lock would also increase the usability. Oh well, we can hope for future improvements.
    Good luck with your saw.....Ray
    Last edited by roadrashray; 09-06-2009, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Re: Ridgid jig saw blade question

alot of room for improvment with this tool. The blade dance to get it straight is just ridiculous . The safety is awkward and unnecessary. However the chip shield is excellent, after you line up the blade it cuts straight to the guide on the chip guard. at 18V it cuts a solid 1/4" saddle with ease

Comment

Working...
      X