X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't you just hate buying product that don't exist

I went to my local homedepot to buy a new CMS to finish putting down qtr.round and trim for my Mother in Law. I wanted to get something that was accurate, but didn't cost an arm and a leg to buy.

They had a 20% off sale, so I bought the Ridgid 12" model that they had on the shelf. There were 10-15 boxes, so it clearly was not a closeout old stock. This was the R4120 12" compound miter saw.

Got it home and took it out the box. Put it together and drove it around to the job site. The saw works pretty good but the laser is way off. Not a big deal for this job.

About a week later, I log onto Ridgid to register the product. I log on and it lets me add it to my profile, and I send in the UPC and copy of the receipt off to Ridgid. I then give them a phone call to see if I can get a replacement Laser as it's intermittently working, and is just way off the cutline.

Surprise, surprise. I can't get any parts for it as the Ridgid rep says that the saw doesn't exist. So I take a look on the products page, and it just isn't there. Do a search of ridgid.com and you can't find it. My profile on Ridgid says that I am eligible for a LSA, but can't get it fixed as it just doesn't exist.

Am I screwed or something. How can I be eligible for LSA and not get service? Is it the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing?

Matt.

Re: Don't you just hate buying product that don't exist

here is Canada home depot with it listed, http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...k=P_PartNumber
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
      here is Canada home depot with it listed, http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...k=P_PartNumber
      Yes.. and I can buy it at any of the homedepot stores around me. But that doesn't answer why Ridgid.com doesn't have it. take a look at http://www.ridgid.com/MenuDriver.asp...=R4120&x=0&y=0 and you will see my point. The problem might be that HomeDepot in the USA doesn't sell it so Ridgid won't support north of the 49th parallel. Sorry Canada, we don't believe you exist, so you are on your own.

I guess our money isn't good enough for the US Ridgid company, (even though it's about par right now, and for a while last year was worth more than the US Greenback).

I think I have a right to ***** as Ridgid, you made the bloody product, now damn well support it.

Matt.

Comment

I guess take it back and get a refund, if there not going to support it.
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

If it's eligible for the LLSA Program than I'd say that they are supporting it. Just because it doesn't have a web page devoted to it on the USA sebsite doesn't mean that the product isn't supported. Many tool and other types of companies sell product in Europe but not the USA and those products aren't on the respective companies USA websites either. I think your ***** is a non-*****.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

did you ever get the laser repaired, if not the laser part number is 089100300724, they have plenty in stock

i think this laser is adjustable, but that wont help if it works intermittently

Comment

Originally posted by Matt in Oakville View Post
              Yes.. and I can buy it at any of the homedepot stores around me. But that doesn't answer why Ridgid.com doesn't have it. take a look at http://www.ridgid.com/MenuDriver.asp...=R4120&x=0&y=0 and you will see my point. The problem might be that HomeDepot in the USA doesn't sell it so Ridgid won't support north of the 49th parallel. Sorry Canada, we don't believe you exist, so you are on your own.

I guess our money isn't good enough for the US Ridgid company, (even though it's about par right now, and for a while last year was worth more than the US Greenback).

I think I have a right to ***** as Ridgid, you made the bloody product, now damn well support it.

Matt.
              I haven't done a look-up for it, but it could be a revised product, therefore you'd find it on the Product Archives pages. And even those still get parts support. I'd call back customer service, and tell them to get with the program.

Comment

Working...
              X