Ridgid review issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid review issue

Hi I recently purchased a Ridgid Multitool for a review for our website. The tool worked for about 3 minutes then shorted out. We went ahead and did the video review anyway mentioning that the tool tied and was defective. I did not post this video or review yet I tried to contact Ridgid through their website with no response.

What should I do:
    Just post the review with the defective tool and mention about the lack in customer service?
    Try another route and go out of my way to contact them?
    I am trying to keep the website as fair as possible and understand that sometimes you get a defective tool. But when the company does not respond its kind of a turn off for the brand.

Anyone know a rep?

Thanks!

Re: Ridgid review issue

Why not just take the defective tool back to where you bought it and exchange it for one that isn't defective. If your website is interested in doing fair and honest reviews it only makes sense to do a review on a working tool and not a defective one. Every single maker of product no matter what it is makes a dud every once in awhile.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

I did return the tool to Home Depot and they were out of stock on replacements. I want to be fair to Ridgid and I also want to let readers know about my experience. I thought if I contacted Ridgid they would address the issue directly. I didn't expect no response at all, its a turn off for sure. I wanted to get some input from the forum here and maybe a better way to contact someone at Ridgid. Looking though the forums it does look like they have customer service issues. :{

Comment

Your in Illinois, I know there is a HD every few miles. Heck I drive past at least 6 of them in one day while out working. I bet your store can get you one in a timely matter, or they can look at other store inventory's and tell you where to go to pick one up.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        Ron's Facebook
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
          Your in Illinois, I know there is a HD every few miles. Heck I drive past at least 6 of them in one day while out working. I bet your store can get you one in a timely matter, or they can look at other store inventory's and tell you where to go to pick one up.
          No..They're sold out...All of them..Sold out..None in a hunnerd miles.

Comment

how did you try to contact Ridgid
            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Good question..... "How DID YOU try to contact Ridgid?"

Normally, all it takes is a phone call to their Customer Service toll-free number (supplied with the tool you purchased and also here on the website).

I've owned Ridgid tools since 2003 and have no idea how many times I've called either "Customer" or "Technical" support; AND, I've never once, not gotten thru!

Yes, I've been in the holding pattern for a while, but even that hasn't been more than a few minutes. So, I guess I don't understand, if you've tried to phone them.

CWS

Comment

Hi Toolsinaction,

Sorry for the poor experience. The multitool has been quite successful and this is the first I've heard of an immediate short.

I don't like hearing you couldn't get through to us. It is always a logjam after the holidays. You should try one of two things:

Call 866 539 1710

or private message me you contact information and I'll direct it to someone that can contact you and help.

Thanks much for post.

Comment

I tried to contact them via their website. Thanks for all your help. Thanks Probrand, I really want to try this tool out.
                  Last edited by toolsinaction; 01-04-2011, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X