No announcement yet.

R1020 7 inch angle grinder

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1020 7 inch angle grinder

My old faithful B&D 7 inch angle grinder has died, well the trigger has any way. Plugged it in today and it took off across the workbench and my shop floor like a rocket sled. Trigger is obsolete. ( this old girl has an all metal body, about 45 yrs old )

has anyone here used the 1020 Rigid model ? I could find no review of this tool. It would be used for heavy grinding and with a wire cup to clean up welds and rust. Really want another old faithful.

Re: R1020 7 inch angle grinder

No one here use this model?

I use a Dewalt version of the B&D Wild Cat 7"/9", but have been tool that Dewalt has discontinued the wildcat version,
      Dewalt is what once was B&D commercial tools were, (not that I think they have keep the standards), but a top of the line Dewalt I do not think one would go wrong,

Below are the Miller and Hobart welder forums that they may be more helpful on a 7" grinder suggestion,

I my self have never even seen the R1020 grinder.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

I finally went out and bought one. To say the least I am very please with the unit. It is well balanced. the pivoiting rear handle is ok, not sure if I will use this feature much.
        It has plenty of power. Used in yesterday to smooth the egde of some flame cut 1/2 inch steel plate. I am 6 foot and about 220 pounds . I layed on it and the grinder barely slowed down .

It also has a very good quality cord on it ( not stiff ) and it also has ample length.

Would recommed this tool to anyone in need. If it lasts as long as the one it replaces , my grandkids will be using it.