X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1020 7 inch angle grinder

My old faithful B&D 7 inch angle grinder has died, well the trigger has any way. Plugged it in today and it took off across the workbench and my shop floor like a rocket sled. Trigger is obsolete. ( this old girl has an all metal body, about 45 yrs old )

has anyone here used the 1020 Rigid model ? I could find no review of this tool. It would be used for heavy grinding and with a wire cup to clean up welds and rust. Really want another old faithful.

Re: R1020 7 inch angle grinder

No one here use this model?

Comment

I use a Dewalt version of the B&D Wild Cat 7"/9", but have been tool that Dewalt has discontinued the wildcat version,
      Dewalt is what once was B&D commercial tools were, (not that I think they have keep the standards), but a top of the line Dewalt I do not think one would go wrong,

Below are the Miller and Hobart welder forums that they may be more helpful on a 7" grinder suggestion,

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...lding-Projects

http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/index.php

I my self have never even seen the R1020 grinder.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I finally went out and bought one. To say the least I am very please with the unit. It is well balanced. the pivoiting rear handle is ok, not sure if I will use this feature much.
        It has plenty of power. Used in yesterday to smooth the egde of some flame cut 1/2 inch steel plate. I am 6 foot and about 220 pounds . I layed on it and the grinder barely slowed down .

It also has a very good quality cord on it ( not stiff ) and it also has ample length.

Would recommed this tool to anyone in need. If it lasts as long as the one it replaces , my grandkids will be using it.

Comment

Working...
        X