X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought the 8,000watt gen. this morning

Sweet...even if my savings is 1,400.00 lighter.
    I do a lot of welding in the field and needed a good power source for my mig welders(140 and a 180)

Fence I'm building now

Re: Bought the 8,000watt gen. this morning

Nice work on that fence. When I worked at the Phone Co. in NYC, we had 6500Watt Hondas welded in the truck beds. Didn't even trust chains and locks to keep those generators secured.

Comment

The one its replacing was chained to the scaffolding till somebody cut the chain and stole it.This will be secured a lot better,most times it will live in my shop.

Comment

for the most part people respect each other property around here,
        the fence looks good,
        many around here have the stick welders that can be used as a generator as well, I picked up a used Lincoln Ranger 9 welder a few years back, and bolted it to the bed of a truck, guy gave me the truck, I painted the truck over my self, and it works well,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I was looking at those,but I'm more of a hobby welder who welds on the side for the company that I work for.
          I probably wouldn't have bought this generator if I hadn't seen a post about it on this site.Really liking it so far.

Comment

Just a suggestion from years of having cars and tools stolen, instead of using chain and lock to secure your tools, consider using a length of 9/16ths or larger wire rope, such as elevator cable. Wire cable of that diameter is flexible like chain, but not easily cut with bolt cutters and if your lock has a large clasp you should be fine. It is not difficult to braid a finished eye into the ends of the rope if you can get a length of it used.

Comment

Working...
            X