Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid 345 Flaring Tool

The ridgid 345 flaring tool needs to be redesigned
    the clamping block is so bad I to put in a bench vise to get anywhere near a acceptable swage or fare out of it. In PA College of Technology BS HVAC program I would borrow my professor's delux yellow jacket or someone's imperial brand.

Please improve it because this tool brings shame to my toolbox.
    Andrew S. DeCecco<br />Sunny D HVAC<br />archblackmage@yahoo.com<br />aim archblackmage

I TAKE IT THAT YOUR USING IT TO CONNECT TO AN A/C UNIT? BEEN IN PLUMBING 25 YEARS AND CAN'T REMEMBER THE LAST TIME I NEEDED ONE.
    ALMOST AS LONG AGO AS A BEADING, LOCK RIDGE TOOL FOR HARD CHROME WATER CONNECTORS.(SPAGETTI)
    CORRECTION FOR A BRAKE LINE ON A TRUCK, BUT THAT WAS A DOUBLE FLARE STYLE AND DID USE THE IMPERIAL UNIT.
    THIS UNIT #345 USES THE SAME BOLT TO TIGHTEN DOWN ON THE CLAMPING BLOCKS, BARS AS THE ACTUAL FLARING TOOL. TRY THE MODEL #458R UNIT. IT IS MUCH BEEFIER.

Comment

I know ridgid's larger model is better, but in my opinion bad tool should be redesigned or dropped from the market. I did go to coolge for HVAC/R design so I do both HVAC and plubing so my flaring tool has to cover everything from normal flares to swaging for and built evaporators.
      Andrew S. DeCecco<br />Sunny D HVAC<br />archblackmage@yahoo.com<br />aim archblackmage

Comment

Working...
      X