14" Bandsaw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14" Bandsaw

I haven't been to HD this summer until today and noticed the Ridgid 14" BS is selling for $299. Last year I thought it was closer to 400 so now I'm thinking of getting the BS. Also noted HomeDepot sully of Ridgid tools looks thin. What's going on... are they clearing out and not going to sell them or is it just my store today?

Comment requested

They offing the boxes that is printed with Lifetime Warranty before the 1st of the year, which the new models/boxes states 3 year warranty.
    This is very little difference in some of the machines other than color. Take advantage, and get the lifetime while you can. Just be aware of the method of which they honor that warranty now. You must take it to a service center after the 90 day return warranty to HD!
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

I couldn't resist after looking at other BS's in the $299 and even more zone. For now... since I'm not going to need it right away just going to leave it boxed until the new stuff comes out in a few weeks according the HD employee. Any one see the new stuff and what's the difference?
      BTW the TP1300 is down to $329 which is 50 less than last year this time.

Comment

Doesn't Dewalt and others also send to service center after only 30 days?

Comment

Got around and started putting the BS together and so far the only thing I noticed is the 3/4hp motor is made in China. Not too worried since just about everything now comes from there.

Comment

'Happy Cal'!
            Actually repeatedly cut nice straight lines with the mitre gage! Had to make cuts too small for a sabre saw. Put a new fine tooth blade on and set everything up - wonderful to be accurate!

Comment

I've had a Ridgid 14" bandsaw for almost a year now. I don't have a fence for it yet but do use a shop made one when needed. This saw gets used for everything and for some things that should have been done on a TS. At this point I can't think of any reason to ever give it up, unless Ridgid made a bigger one and I needed one bad. The only thing I would add to my saw is a tension release for the blade, however Carter does make one (pricey). Rick

Comment

Wow! $300? I paid $520 for mine months back.
                Like it though.

Comment

PS Like it except for the way the motor mounts. I added fender washers to keep the rubber grommets from pushing through the adjustment slots.

Comment

Working...
                  X