X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgids new line of cordless power tools

I just returned my Ryobi cordless set to HD saturday and have used the circular saw and the hammer drill today and just want to say that I am impressed.They blow the Ryobi away. I really Love this 4 piece set and I still can't get over the life time Gaurantee on these tools. This is incredible. I just wish they had a nice small hardshell case like the Dewalt. I hated the suitcase ryobi gave. Anyone else have these tools yet? If your thinking about buying them I Highly recommend them!!!

I am picking up my 4 piece cordless set tonight. Just sold my 5 Piece Ryobi set this morning on Ebay. I am excited!!!

Comment

I have wore out my ryobi set as I use them every day. I just purchased the rigid set and am very happy with the performance and quality. The only complaint I have this far is the hammer drill function on the 1/2 drill. It does not offer much of a hammer action and takes a lot of effort even to drill through slumpstone block. Maybe I have a bad one ? The other tools have a solid feel a great design and inovative functions. A drastic improvement over the ryobi line. The gripper for me to buy the rigid was the life time warrenty. You can't beet that with a big stick.

Comment

I just bought the R83001 14.4v 3/8" drill and have begun using it. From the get-go I was very impressed with the Ridgid. I have been in the market for a long time for a good cordless drill and I've looked at a lot of models from various manufacturers. The price for it was in my range and the list of features was impressive. I will post a review of it later as I use it more.

Comment

so I picked up a 12v 1/2" cordless drill today...I'm really impressed with the construction and feel...can't really find a down side to it, well other than the weight...just a little heavy, but a great tade off for the quality...and let's face it, lifetime gaurentee...ya baby!

Comment

I just bought the new 1/2" drill/driver and find it much better than the DeWalt. What got me hooked was the lifetime warranty - even the batteries. My only mistake was not buying the 4/pack right away. I bought my dad one and now may return my drill and dish out the other $200 and get it. Very good tool.

Comment

I am an Electrician working in a family owned business that has been operating for over 40 years.
              I purchased the new line of RIDGID tools combo set 18V and I must say that I am very pleased with the new line, like many others before me I have used many other brands and they handle very well, but for now I'll continue to use my new set of tools made by RIDGID. O by the way, Dad the old timer came over to use my RIDGID tools the other day, and lets say he's thinking about giving up the brand that he currently has been using forever to buy a set of Ridgid tools. Question: Does RIDGID make a Hole Hog.

Comment

Depotd,

Your only wish in life is to have a tool. Otherwise, you would be out using it, instead of tring to convice us all "Your the Man".
                John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

I bought the 1/2" 14.4 drill last night, after finding that the 14.4 Milwaukee was no longer carried. I'd heard enough negatives about the DeWalt durability to make me shy from it, and the Bosch and Ryobi units I've seen seemed cheaply made. When the HD employee I spoke to told me about the lifetime warranty, that pretty much sealed it for me... though I was a bit nervous about using a product none of my co-workers had - maybe no one had a Ridgid for a reason?

I was using it all day today, and it passed with flying colors. The battery held up, the power was more than sufficient, and even the most critical of my co-workers gave it a thumbs up.

One thing that was mentioned to me as a Ridgid problem was battery life. Mine lasted all day, though I was mainly drilling pine and driving screws, so that's not a huge test. Still, I have a hard time thinking it's truly an issue.

The lone drawback to it is the weight. My 14.4 feels heavier than the Milwaukee 18v.

-Arj

So far, it seems like a nice unit.

[ 11-21-2003, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Arjaizen ]

Comment

I have now had my Ridgid 18V hammer drill/ saw combo for a weekend. I LOVE IT. I am a habitat for humanity weekend warrior, and last weekend was building a deck and wheelchair ramp. I put that pack to the test. Drill was being used to drive lag screws through pressure treated 4x4's as well as setting handrails. I did kill the battery with the lags, but thanks to a 30 min charger I never had to stop. The saw worked great as well. Cutting 5/4 board as well as PT 2x4's all day long. the only problem was keeping other people from it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I too purchased a 14.4 1/2" "RIDGID" drill from HD. Less than a month old. My primary use is to install cabinetry in my profession. I do alot of pre-drilling and run 2-1/2" screws into the predrilled holes. My battery life is very short and the torque is less than than of my Milwalkee 14.4 drill than I traded in for the RIDGID. On a freshly charged battery I can hold the chuck from turning, not good. If any of you corporate techs are reading this I would like to know if what the deal is. This is my second 14.4 Ridgid drill because I smoked the last one. Please respond.

Comment

We bought our 18v 4 piece combo kit last October and loved it so much that we went back to HD the very next day and bought another set for our daughter's family. They are both very happy and pleased with every aspect of this set. The only drawback we have encountered is difficulty reaching the safety switches on the two saws with our short fingers. Otherwise, we all love these tools.

Comment

Working...
                        X