Gunook Toolbelt Tool Holder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunook Toolbelt Tool Holder

Let me start out by saying that I have absolutely no affiliation with this company. I was contacted by them to test drive this product but it was my idea, not theirs, to post this review here.

The Gunook GP-100 is yet another design of a belt mounted tool holder. Whats unique about this design is the lact of mechanical fasteners used in its assembly. You can see this product here.

The feature that I was most impressed with was its ability to lock the hook in place with the hook facing either forward, backward or straight out from the body. Unlike other hooks of this type, this one doesn't clip on your toolbelt but has an enclosed slot that the toolbelt passes through. There is no way for holder to get knocked off your toolbelt. The slot that the belt fits through will accept belts up to 2½" wide. IMO, the slot should be a little larger as my toolbelt happens to be 2¾" wide.

I tried out the Gunook with my drill and also with a hammer. It performed very well with both tools but especially well with the hammer. It did a very good job of minimizeing the hammer handle slap against the thigh that most hammer holder loops are famous for.

The mfg. said they are hoping to bring this product to market for a retail price of $9.99 which isn't that much more than some others that I've seen. It's also better constructed than the less expensive tool hooks that I've seen and used. The packaging that mine came in says the product is "Made in America". the mfg. told me that they are doing everything possible to keep it that way. Here's hoping that can happen. Also, the mfg. has a "If it breaks, we'll replace it" policy.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Good looking product Dave.....Thanx for the reviewing it.

Any idea as to a release date? I would buy 2 or 3 of them.
    Dimensional Carpentry & Custom Woodworking
    Historic Renovations, Restoration, & Custom Log Homes

I Beat The Competition Hammersdown!

Comment

Don, as I stated above, I'm not at all affiliated with this company so I have no idea as to when it will hit the stores. If you go to their website, there's a link where you can email them. I'm sure they could provide you with that info and probably even the name of a store in your area that will handle them. Ron Kay is the guys name and he seems like a really stand up guy from the contacts I've had with him. HTH.

Comment

Thanx Dave,

I just thought you might have heard of a tenative release date from then when they agreed to let you test it.

I did check their web site and sent them an email.
        Dimensional Carpentry & Custom Woodworking
        Historic Renovations, Restoration, & Custom Log Homes

I Beat The Competition Hammersdown!

Comment

I could really use two of those on my job since with a bit in my drill it won't fit in my drill holster on my tool belt. I have looked at the Big Lugs? at HD but i really don't like the though of plastic and elastic holding my up.
          "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
          "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

The Tool Holder is now available online at www.gunook.com
            Use Your Head, It's The Little Things That Count
            www.gunook.com

Comment

Sparky, the BiggLugg holder was the one I used before I received the Gunook. The Gunook holder, IMO, is a much higher quality unit than the BiggLugg.

Comment

Gunook Products is offering FREE SHIPPING on Tool Holders for the month of December.

On the order page under "Choose Shipping Method",
                click on HCOA and it will not add shipping to your order. www.gunook.com

Merry Christmas to all from Gunook Products.

[ 12-05-2005, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Gunook ]
                Use Your Head, It's The Little Things That Count
                www.gunook.com

Comment

Looks like a great product! I don`t think it would work for me since I don`t use a belt, but I use a a vest like set up (occidental leather stronghold vest with trimmer pouches. another great product!) but at ten bucks I may pick one up and try it on my pants belt.
                  John

Comment

Working...
                  X