TP1300

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP1300

I have now had my TP1300 for a week. Although I had to return the 1st one because of damage, I have no complaints on this unit.

As with all Rigid woodworking tools, assembly and set up is very easy. Rigid packs all of the hardware in real nice packs that are labled as to what the parts are. All of the parts are kept seperate from each other, so there is no confusion as to witch bolt etc to use.
    After the stand was put together, which took me @ 15 minutes, I set the planer on top. All four bolt holes lined up perfect. Secured the planer to the stand, and set about to do the clean up. LOTS of packing grease to remove. It took me longer to clean up the planer than the assembly and set up combined! I removed the blades, and used mineral oil to clean everything I could get at. I should add that prior to doing this I ran the planer for a few minutes. This let most of the grease "fly" of the head onto the table.
    To set up the feed table, I use a peice of 1X1X4' long peice of hardwood. Very little adjustment was needed to adjust the feed tables.
    I found the thickness gauge on the unit to be dead on, and the unit adjust the depth of cut very smoothly. I had a choice to make between this planer and the new two speed planer by someone else. Add the stand, dust shoot and extra blades, and I think that the Rigid was the better deal. The cut is smooth as true.
    Support Our Troops!
    www.mnpatriotguard.org
    www.patriotguard.org

Keystone...you and I have a lot in common.

I purchased the TP1300 during the Labor Day Holiday. I set up the stand last night and discovered that the infeed and outfeed tables were perfect. I allowed the planer to run a few minutes before running wood through it as well. I am going to clean it tonight.

I am VERY happy with this machine. I am not sure if I will keep it on the stand or use the stand to mount various other tools.

I carefully looked for snipe, but did not find much at all. I would highly recommend this unit to others getting ready to purchase a planer.

Comment

the planer is great. virtually no snipe and the finish is as smooth as glass

Comment

DITTO !
        - Kris

Comment

i too am very pleased with mine. some snipe problems at first but i took care of it. and ever since i hook it up to an actual dust collector and not a shop vac, itworks like a dream. smoothe finish powerful and repeatable dead on accuracy. hefty price tag but worth every penny. and with all the extras like extra double sided knives stand and dust hood what more can you want. (besides casters)

Comment

I have put through about 1500 board feet and have gone through two sets of knives. It works great except a shop vac cannot handle the huge amount of dust created. I purchased a cyclone lid and a large garbage can and all is well now.

Comment

I've had my TP1300 for a number of years and have amazed a lot of people with the finish it lays down. My current project is about 300B/F of oak I had slabed out last summer. Before the weather changed I was working outside making mountains of shavings and totally impressing my neighbors with this machine. This week I had more to do but decided to do it in my garage (tuck under) The thought of the shavings was not positive. Solution, the tuck under has my old 650 CFM collector so I bought a cyclone hood for a trash can and put it in line to the DC. The lack of shavings was incredible. No shavings hit the floor until the can got full. Carry the can to the trees in the yard and pour the mulch. Great machine that anyone should be happy with, now some carbide blades and I'll be able to attck the next 750BF of oak knowing 12 inch boards are good to go. By the way with sharp blades I don't need the drum sander.

Comment

Have been using the TP1300 for close to a year and have been very happy with its performance on all kinds of wood. Now the bad news...I need new blades and can't get them. Have been trying since May, wrote to Ridgid and received incorrect information so I now have a very large and expensive paperweight. If Home Depot sells the equipment why shouldn't they be required to stock replacement parts?? Their "exclusive" Ridgid rights mean no one else has the parts either. The online sales won't deliver where I live.(USPS delivers here)
                Needless to say when I bought a table saw ($799) I did not consider Ridgid.

Comment

I've had my eye on the TP1300 hoping the price might drop like the other tools. Bought the
                  DP1550 and a month later the price was reduced.
                  I was a little more than upset.
                  Good luck with your purchase.

Comment

I went to Rigidwoorking.com to find a part for my TP 1300 with no results. I type in the part number 828677 and get a message no results for this search. Does anyone know where to order parts on a Saturday night? It is frustrating to have such a large web site and no useful parts information.
                    Thanks, dale3fan

Comment

Try www.ridgidparts.com you should be able to find what you are looking for there.
                      Mark

Comment

Thanks for info. on tp1300 planer
                        Mark Matthews

Comment

I purchased the planer recently from Home Depot. Have gone through 3 sets of blades attempting to plane 1" x 6" x 7' used oak horse fence boards. While blades were sharp, excellent. But after only a few passes the blades were dull, ripping and tearing rather than cutting. I need to plane about 130 boards but have so far only been able to complete about 15. Are carbide tipped blades sold for the planer?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Palmateer:
                            I purchased the planer recently from Home Depot. Have gone through 3 sets of blades attempting to plane 1" x 6" x 7' used oak horse fence boards. While blades were sharp, excellent. But after only a few passes the blades were dull, ripping and tearing rather than cutting. I need to plane about 130 boards but have so far only been able to complete about 15. Are carbide tipped blades sold for the planer?
                            Old boards can have dirt, sand, bugs, nails etc in them that will wear the jointer blades out in little to no time. Also, the depth of cut that you are taking can have an effect on the blade wear.

It has been WELL over a year since I started this thread. I have run sevral hundred BF of hardwood through my TP1300, and I am still on the first side of my first set of blades
                            Support Our Troops!
                            www.mnpatriotguard.org
                            www.patriotguard.org

Comment

Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents - my planer is 6 weeks old and just died, motor stopped, willnot reset. I was doing 12 in oak, 1/32 cut. Thought it might have overheated but it will not reset...hmmmm

Comment

Working...
                              X