TS-2424

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS-2424

I can't say enough good things about this saw. I've worked on many a saw over the years and this one's the smoothest contractor saw yet. Every setting was right on the money out of the box and the saw cuts beautifully. I changed the blade to a thin kerf Marathon for ripping plywood and pine and I am getting a new Freud for ripping maple and oak for my built-in projects. The saw has performed flawlessly except for one tiny thing. One day the start up involved a squeak...I checked the belt and found it had slipped off the pulley part of the way. A quick adjustment and it was fixed.

I wouldn't trade this saw for anything...great job Ridgid!
    Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

I too have the TS2424. Wonderful piece of equipment, not much more you can say.
    I've altered mine by adding a home made table on the right side attached to the wing.
    I then slid the rails all the way to the right as far as I could go giving me 52" blade to fence on the right side. I have never once needed the fence left of the blade since I owned the saw, and it's alot cheeper than buying a new fence and rail system and addon table wing extension.
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

I love this saw but I think the castor system is below par. I have been moving my saw the same 10 feet for the last couple years but today I moved it around a corner and noticed the castor doesn't want to turn. I took it off and the swivel castor and hinge plate is bent quite a lot. Should I just bang it back or call Ridgid?

Comment

I have owned a Ridgid TS2424 table saw with LIFETIME WARRANTY for four years and was happy with it untill I started doing fine woodworking when I realized the arbor on this saw is not aligned even when new and other users have had the same problem. Ridgid has admitted to the arbor problem and has committed to cover the repair cost, but parts are not available for this model any more. Ridgid has been giving me inconsistent answers for the past two months and they are not repairing or replacing the saw, they wanted to replace the table saw with the portable saw!!!! They do not want to replace it with the comparable saw since it is more expensive!!! Since I rejected the portable saw they have been giving me the run-around, hoping that I would disappear. Consider this if you are contemplating the purchase of any Ridgid power tools. Be aware that you are not buying the best quality and definitely are not getting any reliable service with it.

Comment

Working...
        X