X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with THIS? Ridgid wet/dry vac

My less than a year old 12 gallon 5 hp wet/dry vac's motor burned up....hasn't been used for anything but sawdust.
    I look up the replacement motor at $70....and open the HD ad this week to find the vac listed at $69.95.
    Um, this is a tough choice....another fine example of rocket science?
    \"If it ain\'t broke... tear it part and lose some pieces\"

ISN'T IT STILL UNDER THE 3 YEAR WARRANTY?
    IT'S ALMOST LIKE BUYING , A CORDLESS DRILL PIECE BY PIECE. BATTERIES, CHARGER, CASE AND DRILL.

Comment

Actually ALL Ridgid shop vacs, including the little $26 Stinger are covered with a "Full Lifetime Warranty", against material and workmanship! Take a look at the back of your owner's manual. You should contact Ridgid Customer Service at 1-800-474-3443 and/or your local Ridgid Service Center.

Regarding the price of parts vs whole product, that simply is the way it works. Having spares, shipping, stocking, personnel involved and the cost is dramatically inflated. If you were to buy all the parts for your car or truck, it would probably cost you twenty times over the cost of the assembled, showroom vehicle.

Guess you're in luck,

CWS

[ 04-26-2005, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: CWSmith ]

Comment

I have a model #WD 16600 vac. The blower wheel just broke. I called the 1-800 number above & the lady was awesome! [img]smile.gif[/img] She is sending the part out at no charge & it should be here within 7-10 days. I wish all companies had this great a service! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I went in to HD to purchase a replacement hose and filter. I found a display Vac larger than the one I had cheaper than the hose and filer replacement.

Now I have 2 vacs, washed the old filter and use it for the really dirty jobs.

Still could use another hose...

Comment

Re: What's up with THIS? Ridgid wet/dry vac

Actually, I own a wet/dry for my home (4.5hp) and business. The one at the bar died on me. Called HD (a complete total waste of time) and called Ridgid. Got a lady who wasn't very good at speaking english, who gave me an "RMA" based on my last name and date of the call, but didin't give me the address to send the power head back for testing. "It's coming in the 'e-mail'..." Still waiting for that e-mail the following Monday. Called HD to see if they had an address (of course not) and no where on the Ridgid site is an address. Just reminds me of dealing with the DTE in Michigan. So many layers, so much hiding...

Comment

Originally posted by rodeojim View Post
              Actually, I own a wet/dry for my home (4.5hp) and business. The one at the bar died on me. Called HD (a complete total waste of time) and called Ridgid. Got a lady who wasn't very good at speaking english, who gave me an "RMA" based on my last name and date of the call, but didin't give me the address to send the power head back for testing. "It's coming in the 'e-mail'..." Still waiting for that e-mail the following Monday. Called HD to see if they had an address (of course not) and no where on the Ridgid site is an address. Just reminds me of dealing with the DTE in Michigan. So many layers, so much hiding...
              Please do your self a favor and scroll to the bottom of this screen and click on My Ebox and send Ridgid a Ebox mail with all the info on your problem. It has been my experiance that Ridgid responds very quickly to this form of communication. Hard to lose Ebox records and language accents aren't an issue. At each stage of events The Ebox will send confirming emails to your internet email address.
              Try it. Your blood pressure might thank you.

Comment

Good advice about the ebox!

You know, I hadn't noticed it there - just thought it was some pretty artwork at the bottom of the page.

doh!

ADDED LATER: Interesting, anyone ever tried to register a compressor there? Pneumatics just covers pneumatic tools, not compressors, and the only other option "Power Tools" apparently does not cover compressors either. I am currently having a couple problems with my RIDGID GP90135 gas powered air compressor - but apparently cannot register it here to use the ebox as a venue for obtaining support?

Is this a glitch or am I just too much of a redneck to figure it out?

(They call me a renissance redneck on account of I KIN REED!)
                Last edited by homeagain; 12-01-2007, 08:05 AM. Reason: update after failed tool registration

Comment

Working...
                X