18V Cordless Comb Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18V Cordless Comb Kit

I sold my Ryobi cordless drill and Skillsaw days after I bought my new X2 series 18V 3-piece combo kit. It's great quality and design. The power of the 18V batteries is just fine for what I work on.

I bought my set on New Year's Eve at HD. Just in time to get the lifetime warranty. Wow! I'm very impressed so far with Ridgid and recommend them.

My Dad has always bought Craftsman and other tool brands, but he really likes the quality of my new Ridgid set.

My only complaint about these tool combo kits is that they come in purses. I am a plumber, my truck is loaded from time to time with heavy boxes (toilets, water heaters etc.) I want and need a hard case to protect my tools. Of course my decision to buy was influenced by the warranty but It took several trips to convince myself to buy this kit. The ridgid kit has not seen field work because of this case problem. It does work great at home am impressed by the design and weight.

Comment

My DeWalt friend just called me over to help him out because his batteries were dead. The twin 30 min charge is excellent. The tools perform the way that cordless is suppose to. Go and buy a set. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

If anyone is interested I will email them instruction for making a hard case with plywood and expanding foam. The only drawback is your tools will be out of service for a few days while the foam fully cures to ensure that the tool shape is maintained while it expands. The file is 3.5 Meg and prints nicely, scanned at 150 DPI

Comment

Originally posted by WoodSmellsGood:
          I sold my Ryobi cordless drill and Skillsaw days after I bought my new X2 series 18V 3-piece combo kit. It's great quality and design. The power of the 18V batteries is just fine for what I work on.

I bought my set on New Year's Eve at HD. Just in time to get the lifetime warranty. Wow! I'm very impressed so far with Ridgid and recommend them.

My Dad has always bought Craftsman and other tool brands, but he really likes the quality of my new Ridgid set.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodSmellsGood:

18 VOLT BATTERY"S ARE JUNK.period.

Comment

what?I like my 18 V

[ 10-06-2005, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: bob bridgewater ]
              =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
              Be safe out there folks
              Bob B
              =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

Free speech is a wonderful thing but you will get far more respect if you back up your statement with a few facts

edit: not you Bob, thought this was a current post - should have checked the date

[ 01-15-2005, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: wbrooks ]

Comment

Just a note guys. If you are looking for a case for the individual tools that came with the 4Pc, ebay has tons of them all the time. You can pick them up for 20 to 30 dollars. Pawn shops on ebay get ridgid stuff pawned and the piece them out and sell them.

Hope this helps.
                  \"Somewhere between the computer plans and picking up a hammer, something goes terribly wrong...\"

Comment

Don't like to own stolen tools, pawn shops are full of them,also I don't like the thought of profiting from another man's hard times.

Bob B.
                    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                    Be safe out there folks
                    Bob B
                    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

I agree with that some drywaller walked off with my whole tool belt one day and even with my name melted in it didn't matter. Either he has them or some pawn shop made $300 to $400 off my $600 lose!
                      "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                      "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

I was just in a pawn shop fryday when my friend neaded some snips and I saw one of my tools I aint seen for 1 1/2 year, I got took for a pasload, 18 V Dewalt drill, tool belt and my bag of trcks.I don't cotton to good with some folks south of 8 mile. I spot my tools with abit of my spray paint. I think now I am gona stamp last of my SS numbers on my tools, Dad did his union # on his. That wernt the first time for me, but next time it may be, his time to meet his maker...
                        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                        Be safe out there folks
                        Bob B
                        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

Speaking of stuff vanishing....

At work today i had to carry all our self tapping screws in my tool belt since the "mexicans", that were framing the walls, were always using them. I'll let you use a tool for a bit but stealing our parts everytime our backs are turned?!!!!!
                          "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                          "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

I AM A UNION ELECTRICIAN AND DIE HARD MILWALKIE USER BUT MY BOYFRIEND, WHO IS A GENERAL CONTRACTOR, WANTED THE RIDGID TOOL COMBO KIT FOR X-MAS SO I GOT IT FOR HIM AND IT IS CRAP! THE WHOLE THING! RIDGID NEEDS TO STICK TO WHAT THEY KNOW BEST(THREADERS AND SUCH) AND GET OUT OF THE POWER TOOL BUSINESS! HE IS NOW GOING TO BOSCH AND I WILL STICK WITH MILWALKIE MYSELF.

Comment

Bob B, I think marking you're tools is an excellent idea. Although you're last four in you're social might have been great in the military when I was in, I think trying to convince a cop or a pawn shop owner that that's you're tool because of four numbers, is far fetched. Ive found that you're state driver's liscense number works a lot better with the police and deters pawn shop's from even wanting them. Hope this help's and to this day I think the best marking I ever saw was a guy who had "NOT YOUR'S" marked on everyone of his tools.
                              christopher

Comment

Working...
                              X