X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 16 Gallon Wet-Dry Shop-Vac

I've had this shop vacuum for two years now and it has been the champ of the shop. It's cleaned up everything I've thrown at it. I looked for the model number on the vacuum but couldn't find it. At the time it was the second most expensive one in the lineup (I didn't need a detachable blower). It has never given me a minute's trouble and works well when used to clean up water messes (it's first job was an overflowing washing machine drain connection).
    Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Let me first start out saying I just gave away my first wet/dry vac sold under the craftsman name. I do believe it was manufactured by Emerson some 24 years ago. was a 5hp single speed unit. It still had the power it did the day I bought it. Noisy thing though, just couldn't handle it anymore.
    I didn't have the room for a central vac unit in my shop, nor did I like the idea of setting blast gates to the machines when I use them, so....
    I have 4 Ridgid wet/dry vacs that handle the dust collection in my shop. They are all placed in areas where they are easily turned on to handle all the machinery.
    If they last as long as that old craftsman I'll be happy.
    They also double as an arsonal of leaf blowers in the fall. 3 of the models have the detachable blowers. Raking leaves is a thing of the past.
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

that might be a wd 1665 there nice shop vacs . bought one myself.

Comment

I just purchased the 6.5hp 2 in 1 wet/dry shop vac at HomeDepot yesterday. I can't believe the power this machine has. If The California State Government finds this out, they will tax it or require permits and special training!!! It is so much fun to use. I vacummed the patio, mowed the lawn and vaccuumed the grass up (just for fun). I also vacummed the garage and then started inside our home. The machine works great in the corners of the walls and cleaned up the sofas with no problem. It was really nice not having to worry about pencils, socks, etc on the floor. This machine just sucks up everything. I highly reccomend it. It's fun to clean the home and yard now. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by BirdDad:
          I just purchased the 6.5hp 2 in 1 wet/dry shop vac at HomeDepot yesterday. I can't believe the power this machine has. If The California State Government finds this out, they will tax it or require permits and special training!!! It is so much fun to use. I vacummed the patio, mowed the lawn and vaccuumed the grass up (just for fun). I also vacummed the garage and then started inside our home. The machine works great in the corners of the walls and cleaned up the sofas with no problem. It was really nice not having to worry about pencils, socks, etc on the floor. This machine just sucks up everything. I highly reccomend it. It's fun to clean the home and yard now. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
          Question BirdDad, did you happen to purchase a muffler for it? I just bought the 16 gal WD vac and a muffler to go with it, but I'm having a hard time figuering out how it attachs. Can you help?

Comment

The muffler just slides in, you don't need the part that has the plastic clip thing on it. I know you aren't supposed to do this, but I put an old sock over the muffler to keep the exaust from blowing stuff off the walls.

Brew

Comment

Working...
            X