X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 14 v impact driver

I got a Ridgid combo 14 v drill and driver on clearance at HD. I used the impact driver last week almost a full day on the first charge of the battery. I wondered where that tool has been in my shop. I drove screw after screw and then drove 5/16" lag bolts without pilot holes. Worked great. I still feel its a better idea to drill pilot holes to avoid splitting the wood. I just wanted to see if it would. It did with no problem.

so its got tons of power hu?
    i was thinkin of ithor getin the right angle driver or the one ur talkin bout, i like lots of power, but for putin screws and such in cabnits and things the right angle head might be nice

Comment

Boy, do I ever agree with you. I think its been about 3 months now that I've had the 14.4V impact driver and what a sweet tool it is. I can't believe I waited as long as I did before I bought one.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I love impact drivers. I work at HD and for weekend demos sometimes i'll grab either the 14.4 ridgid or the 18V Li-ion Makiti impact driver, a 4x4, and 1/2"x 3 inch lag screws and drive them in without a pilot hole to show the power. I usually have a comparable drill/driver next to it so people can compare the power of it.

I have so many people come up and give it a try and are just flat out amazed at the power of the impact drivers and the fact that you don't need to put any effort into driving the screw down.

Comment

Have to agree, at first I bought they were a gimmick tool but after trying it I was sold. I have had mine for 8 months now and use it for just about everything. I even use it on the car now, not lug nuts but it will remove just about any other bolt, and no hose to worry about

Comment

I have the 18v impact driver and really enjoy using it. We have to attach box brackets to metal stuc walls. In some places thicker studs are used and you need a self tapper to attach anything, even then you are pushing on the screw. Once i got my Impact driver i had no problems by the end of the day my wrists weren't sore. One co-worker in the past said you can't use it on those screws, but if you learn when to back off if works great!
            "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
            "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Working...
            X