Won`t be buying any more Ridid tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BadgerDave
    You realize don't you that most of the people here are going, who's HAL???

ps; I like cereal. Honey Bunches of Oats, it's a mouthful of joy!
    Isn't Hal the Robot or computer brain on the Colony ship in Space Odyssey 2010? Of course i think that is also the name of the robot on Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy...

"Brain the size of a planet and I have to put up with lorax's constant jabs..life is so depressing....."
    Last edited by Polar Sparky 1224; 03-06-2006, 01:37 PM.
    "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
    "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Hal

Hey Lorax,
      I remember Hal, he's Henway's Dad!
      LMAO
      Straight man huh?
      Hmmmmn!
      Jim D.

Comment

As I recall, that's the HAL 9000 Master Computer in 2001 Space Odessy. His "Good Evening Dave" probably still wakes Badger Dave in the middle of his night.

You have to admit though the Hal's always calm voice was more enchanting than that "blue screen of death" given to us decades later by Mr. Gates and his MS team.

I like my oats without all that sweet stuff

CWS

Comment

delta 979 & T2 fence?

Has anyone looked at this set up? How do you think it stands up compaired to the 3650? Thanks cudaaa

Comment

wow

OK what amazes me most is ridgid power tools (non plumbing) have been out in a max of what three years and raven said he bought the saw as a home owner and is now a finish carpenter that is really amazing to me. I wish in three years i could have done that. I have all great luck with ridgid event to when drywall fell and broke handle on my slide they sent me all new for ready for this free and that was event when i told them what happened. not to be rude but have you thought it could be the operator error. I us my ridgid sander a lot on custom work (finish carpenter) like match cabinets but want another, to fluted fillers , to sanding dependable on floors.

Comment

Originally posted by Polar Sparky 1224
              Isn't Hal the Robot or computer brain on the Colony ship in Space Odyssey 2010? Of course i think that is also the name of the robot on Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy...

"Brain the size of a planet and I have to put up with lorax's constant jabs..life is so depressing....."
              The extremely depressed robot with the big brain is Marvin.

Comment

Hal

Star with H - A - L, add one letter to each. This equals IBM.

Cheers

Comment

The fictious computer company that created "HAL" in 2001 and and the improved HAL model in 2010 was supposed to be one step ahead of IBM, hence adding one alphebetical place on each of the letters. In an interview I heard Arthur Clarke was poking fun.

The other computers in Hitchhikers was "Deep Thought" (answered 42 to the meaning of life, the universe, and everything, and the planet Earth (the follow-up to Deep thought trying to determine the question for the answer 42). As you recall the planet Earth was destroyed before completing its task by the Vogons in order to build a sub-space bypass, which force the quick evacuation by Arthur Dent and the other guy whose name I can't remember at the moment.

I think I got it right, sitting in an airport lounge writing from memory.
                  JC

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy
                    hey bd i must be getting old and slow.i cant find any where on this site on where the service centers are here in florida,oh well glad i dont need one at the moment.

Look in a China where they are made.
                    the dog

Comment

Re: Won`t be buying any more Ridid tools

Well let me put in my .02 cents I was a die hard deWalt man most of my tools were dewalt and some still are but that is because I cant affordt to replace them with ridgid yet I am a cabinet maker and trim carpenter and prolly use my sander more than you if you bought the porter cable quicksand you will be more than satisfied bit dont drop it Ive had mine for 10 yaers plus and works as good today as the day I bought it no repairs ever just lucky maybe. but it is uncomfortable to use for long priods at a time I am sure that as with most tools that there are occasions as to where it seems that there is a gremlin living inside them just to mess with you But I assure you that ridgid tools are as good as any other professional grade tools out there and my shop is primarily orange as far as tools go I have the ridgid cordless 12 volt drill that I use all day every day and has never even blinked I have had that drill for three years now been dropped off ladders many times. the planer is much better than the dewalt for half the price (well maybe not half) maybe give em another shot and most service center are local I would venture to say that your local service center that fixs you dewalts will also fix your ridgid tools just ask em just my .02 cents
                      "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
                      arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to
                      skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
                      proclaiming . . "WOW ---What a Ride!"

Comment

hell I may be new to the forum but I am going to put in my ( 2 cents )

1. My out look on tools especialy if you get a bad one ( Just like cars ). Was it built on a Monday or a Friday, you know what I mean. Still hung over or wanting to get the hell out of there days.

2. unless all tools become made by robots and not humans maby the person that assembled part of the batch that your tool came from just forund out there daughter is pregnant or just got served divorce papers you knever know what level of consentration the person is working on LOL.

and thoes are with any manufacture not just ridgid
                        American by birth. Canadian at heart.

Comment

Quote from BD: "OSC, there is absolutely no doubt in my unmilitary like mind that any shop that doesn't include the top of the line RotoZip tool is an incomplete shop. It is manufactured using the highest quality materials and is absolutely the best designed tool ever to be invented! You can take that to the bank. "

hey bd - you might have to explain that one to osc so he can laugh!

(Too much like yankee humor! We dun rekon yer kin roun ere.)

Last edited by homeagain; 12-01-2007, 06:52 AM. Reason: add quote to place comment in context

Comment

Originally posted by homeagain View Post
                            hey bd - you might have to explain that one to osc so he can laugh!

(Too much like yankee humor! We dun rekon yer kin roun ere.)

awww shinzles, redneck boy here don'ts thinks i gots me a secents of houmors........ fo shame fo shame, but hum for the record i did laugh
                            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
                              awww shinzles, redneck boy here don'ts thinks i gots me a secents of houmors........ fo shame fo shame, but hum for the record i did laugh

That there was SCENT feller - any ole coon dog will tell 'e thet.

Comment

dang even the new kid is teasin me about my spelling
                                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
                                X