X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Pro Pack Vac

Okay I saw the Ridgid Pro Pack Vacuum on the Ridgid Web Site and it looks to be a nice vacuum for a service truck. The fact that it is square and stores all of the parts inside makes it perfect. My only problem is I cannot find the dimensions of the vacuum anywhere. It seems the size and shape is what makes this different than a standard vacuum. Why not list the dimensions on the Web Site?

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Working on getting those specs for you ASAP.

Josh

Comment

mark, i was looking into this vac. also. i saw one at h.d. last week. it was a little bit bigger than i had thought it would be. it was still in the box and not open on display, but the top of the box was the actuall handle and you could get a good idea how large it was. the fact that it is rectangular is good, but it's also about the size of ? 16'' long x 12'' high and 12'' deep just a good guess. see it for yourself at h.d.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Josh, the link to the owners manual is broke, take a look at;

http://www.ridgidparts.com/vacs/WD45500.phtml

Also, why not have a link to the manual right on the product page in addition to the ridgidparts.com page?
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

L=20.7
          W=12.9
          H=13.2

Comment

Originally posted by Josh
            L=20.7
            W=12.9
            H=13.2
            Thank you sir

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Pro Pac Vac

I bought one about 2 weeks ago, I'd say this was the best tool I've bought in a while. I replace an old Shop-Vac that was 2-3x louder and such a big thing it' was always in the way. I like the tool box shape and it stores everything needed inside. I grab 1 thing and I'm off to the job. Did it mention that it actually works great too? No more clouds of dust coming out of my old shop vac, it's headed for the dump! Now I need to find the hose adapter to my drywall sanding tool and I'll be all set.

Tom

PS. They kind of hide them at Home Depot away from the other Vacs. None were open for display but the Home Depot guy took it out and plugged it in for me.

Comment

i bought one

got one at hd 2 days ago. was on sale for 99.00. i think its great.hang it on the wall. grab it and go.

Comment

pro pack vac filters

I've had this vac for just under a year and it is awesome....but ...and it's a BIG but, I ordered replacement filters 4 months ago and have been given the run round ever since....do ridgid have filters or not?
                  the vac is not so good without!

Comment

Please post the dimensions for the needed filter and please measure with care. Is it a cylinder shape filter? I have not seen one so for now I'm kind of clueless. My idea is that maybe I can find either a brand X that will work or maybe it takes the same size filter as most other Ridgid vacs use.

I really wish that Ridgid would take accessories more seriously. What good is a product we can't use?

I have had a hose kit on order since before Thanksgiving and am waiting on it. NO more Ridgid vacuum cleaners for me. NO more. No customer support = Good-bye from me. Sorry, but I have to buy what does work for my needs.

Comment

I considered this one but found the lack wheels to be a bit limiting.

I think there should be a little base with wheels on it that you could drop it right into. Then you could carry it around without the wheels when that's convenient, and drop it in the wheeled base when you need to.

Comment

While I know it takes a VF3500 filter, not having one here, I can't check if there's any other brand of similar filter that can be used. Please someone, post the inside diameter and length if you do have the filter that came with your machine. This is one reason why I won't buy one for myself. If you can't get needed bags or filters for your vacuum cleaner, then what good is it to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Weasel View Post
                          I considered this one but found the lack wheels to be a bit limiting.

I think there should be a little base with wheels on it that you could drop it right into. Then you could carry it around without the wheels when that's convenient, and drop it in the wheeled base when you need to.
                          So get one of those dollies for a 5-gal bucket and modify it to fit. Should be fairly cheap. (RIDGID should have made something for it)
                          Phil
                          Tools Rule

Comment

Actually... looking at the Ridgid site, it wasn't the Pro Pack I was considering. It was the 4 gallon wet/dry vac.

Note that the company that makes the Ridgid vacs also makes the Craftsman ones. Have you checked whether the filter is the same as this one?

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...26+Accessories

Comment

VF3500 Filter

I have seen the VF3500 filter in some Home Depot locations, but not where it should be. If you need one, the next time you're in a HD really dig through their filters. Check for them mixed in with other brands too. If you have your old one with you, do look in Sears if there's one near you.

Comment

Working...
                              X