X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dado Plate

I would like to know why I can't order a dado plate that will work on my 10 table saw. I have emailed Ridgid months ago and no one will email me back? It took Home Depot only 3 months to special order the wrong plate in for me @ 45 dollars. They tell me that is the only plate and Ridgid doesn't make a plate for my 10 inch Ridgid table saw I bought 1 year ago? NICE.

i had the same problem a couple of years ago. home depot ordered it 3 months before needed it and it still wasn't in, in fact, it took over 4 months to get the piece. from what i know, they do make the plate still. i think that they have 2 different sizes, a 6 inch and an 8 inch. When i purchased my saw a couple of years ago, i settled for the ridgid because i liked the mobile base and was told that getting parts was no problem. i bet that guy that sold me the saw is a heck of a used car salesmen today. i have liked working on the saw, but the company sucks to work with. there is no service after the sale. the evidence is in how many other people complain about the lenthy repairs. i have heard this from an area repair shop for ridgid. i have decided that i won't buy anymore ridgid tools until customer service improves, regardless if the tool is quality. porter cable and delta have next dayed things to me 3 times. i have never had to wait. i hope that ridgid is actually listening to these posts. it does reflect their company poorly.

Comment

You could consider making your own or if that idea doesn't appeal to you, you could order some blank inserts from http://www.ttrackusa.com/zeroclearanceinserts.htm If your TS is the 3650 or newer version 2400LS then you want the model #20005 insert. A zero clearance insert made to size for your individual dado cuts will provide better results than the Ridgid dado insert anyways. HTH
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Dado Plate from hell

I did go back to the famous Home Depot . They said the only plate is the one they ordered and I'm out of luck. Just like Ridgid themselves they will not email me or call me at all? I have tried everything now. I think I will just return all my Ridgid tools to Home Depot and just stick will Dewalt. I just have given up now.

Comment

JD -
          What table saw do you have? If you own the TS3650, the model number for the 8" dado insert is AC1040. If you own the TS2400, you need either the AC1025 (7" insert) or the AC1030 (8" insert).

You can order directly from Ridgid Parts by calling 1-866-539-1710.

You mention 10 inch table saw a couple of times in your original post. I just want to make sure you understand that the 8" insert refers to the size of the dado blade. It will work on a "10 inch table saw".

Comment

Thank you I have ordered the right plate directly. I have the ts 2400. I ordered the 8 inch 1030 plate.

All I can say if this is the service people recieve after buying a Ridgid I will never buy one again.

Comment

I don't know if these folks ship to Canada or not but $15.97(US) is alot less expensive than your earlier $45 price, http://www.m-and-d.com/RID-AC1030.html?mv_pc=00015
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Hi I dont know if this helps but try Sears . It seems as if some of the stuff might work. Look hard into this ,

Comment

AC1040 Dado plate

Originally posted by cjh20
                  JD -
                  What table saw do you have? If you own the TS3650, the model number for the 8" dado insert is AC1040. If you own the TS2400, you need either the AC1025 (7" insert) or the AC1030 (8" insert).

You can order directly from Ridgid Parts by calling 1-866-539-1710.

You mention 10 inch table saw a couple of times in your original post. I just want to make sure you understand that the 8" insert refers to the size of the dado blade. It will work on a "10 inch table saw".

Yes, except the AC1040 is not listed oin the www.ridgidparts.com website. Where did you find it?

Comment

I look it up in the owner's manual. I've learned not to trust Ridgid Parts for much information, but if you have the model number and can wait on delivery, they might be able to help.

I will never understand why Home Depot and Ridgid do such a poor job selling accessories . It is a large part of customer satisfaction and a much higher gross margin.

Comment

Re: Dado Plate

I orderd mine thru Home Depot and had it in 2 weeks, cost about 15.00
                      Carpenters make the prettiest firewood

Comment

Re: Dado Plate

I ordered mine thru the pro desk at Home Depot and had it in 5 days. If not order a zero clearance table insert on Amazon (they are there) and make your own. Its a better one anyhow.

Originally posted by JD_inthenorth View Post
                        I would like to know why I can't order a dado plate that will work on my 10 table saw. I have emailed Ridgid months ago and no one will email me back? It took Home Depot only 3 months to special order the wrong plate in for me @ 45 dollars. They tell me that is the only plate and Ridgid doesn't make a plate for my 10 inch Ridgid table saw I bought 1 year ago? NICE.
                        Carpenters make the prettiest firewood

Comment

Re: AC1040 Dado plate

I got mine really quick from my local Home Depot ;o))
                          it had a lot of extra slag around the casting where the tabe goes into the slot in the back of the cutout. A quick trip to my bench grinder and wire wheel cleared it up fine!

I made an insert fron 1/2" MDF for my old contractor saw, but the Ridgid only 3/8 clearance. I guess you could plane or joint the MDF to the proper thickness and then route it to size. (In fact, I plan to do this for a zero clearance insert.)

Comment

Working...
                          X