Delta 979 & T2 fence?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta 979 & T2 fence?

I am in the market for a contractors saw. I like what I see in the 3650ts but I saw this delta at lowes for 50 more. What do you guys think? Thanks cudaaa

Not familiar with a Delta 979, are you sure that's the correct model number?
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
      Not familiar with a Delta 979, are you sure that's the correct model number?
      Dave, I believe cudaaa is referring to the new Delta 36-979 10" TS.

http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e=136&p=6083

Came out early this year (although I have yet to see one in the stores here). It looks very much like the Ridgid TS3650, including lift system and such. It has been a while since I have looked and it looks like Delta has several similar models out now. Last I saw was just the one saw with longer wings and a BIESEMEYER fence. Looks like it is the 980 that comes with the T2 fence though, and the 979 has none!

cudaaa I am sorry I haven't any exposure to the new Delta 10" Contractor saws. I do own the TS3650 and can say that I am quite happy with it and for the price I would get the Ridgid at $50 less which will also include the LSA. I have had no complaints and enjoy the TS3650 thoroughly. Just my $.02 worth....

WWS
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

I gotta pat Delta on the back for being the first manufacturer, as far as I know, to offer a TS less the fence and rail system. It's a marketing concept that is way overdue.

In this case I still think the Ridgid, at $50 less money, is the better buy with the superior Herc-U-Lift mobile base and 36" rip capacity.
        ================================================== ====
        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Thanks thats kinda what I thought also but it don't hurt to ask. The model # is 36-979 it does'nt come with a fence for 499.00 & the T2 fence for 150.00 package deal for 600.00 at Lowes. Thanks again for the help cudaaa

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
            I gotta pat Delta on the back for being the first manufacturer, as far as I know, to offer a TS less the fence and rail system. It's a marketing concept that is way overdue.

In this case I still think the Ridgid, at $50 less money, is the better buy with the superior Herc-U-Lift mobile base and 36" rip capacity.
            I don't know that the herc lift is superior to the new Delta. The herc is good but gets hung up on uneven floors and is rather difficult to assemble. The new Delta lift looks really straight forward and has larger wheels with a higher lift. Last I knew, 36" was wider than 30" though! The T2 is a steel Biese clone that's a bit lighter duty than the Biese, but is heavier duty than aluminum.
            Last edited by hewood; 04-15-2006, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X