X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise for the lifetime warranty.

This is to actually complement Ridgid's lifetime warranty. One of my double battery chargers malfunctioned, it thought there was a battery on it when there was not. I took it in to the local service center today (NOT HOME REPOT) and the service tech took the charger, tossed it across the floor and handed me a new charger. Filled out the paper work and was out the door in 5 mins. This is second item I have had to have repaired since buying Ridgid cordless tools when they first appeared at H.D. I have read many people's complaints about service and the warranty problems. In my opinion it may be the service centers that are the problems that others are dealing with, due to I have not had any problems and followed all of Ridgid's requirements for the warranty. Thanks.

Originally posted by House-Medic
    This is to actually complement Ridgid's lifetime warranty. One of my double battery chargers malfunctioned, it thought there was a battery on it when there was not. I took it in to the local service center today (NOT HOME REPOT) and the service tech took the charger, tossed it across the floor and handed me a new charger. Filled out the paper work and was out the door in 5 mins. This is second item I have had to have repaired since buying Ridgid cordless tools when they first appeared at H.D. I have read many people's complaints about service and the warranty problems. In my opinion it may be the service centers that are the problems that others are dealing with, due to I have not had any problems and followed all of Ridgid's requirements for the warranty. Thanks.
    wish all stores are like that..

Comment

Originally posted by michael stephen
      wish all stores are like that..
      Michael,

I think you overlooked where he stated "NOT at Home Depot". The LLSA has been reportedly working great (providing the part is readily available), but the "stores" don't do it... you have to take or send the tool to an authorized service center.

CWS

Comment

Re: Praise for the lifetime warranty.

Not so fast. I have a 4 year old wd17350 16 gal. Vac
        needs brushes.called ridgid repair center. Send it back,
        checked warenty burshes,wear and tear not covered.
        Motors not available. What a waste
        jim

Comment

Jim

Don't trash it just yet. Sometimes a good vacuum cleaner repair shop or power tool repair shop can find replacement brushes that are close enough so they can make them work. If you got into a replacement motor the $$$ would be much too high. In that case replace the whole thing and use the drum for something creative.

In regard to the repair shop you need to find a small privately owned place. The big shops won't make time just to sell brushes. It's crazy but just to do the bill of sale will cost them more than the parts are worth. They are only interested in $100 plus sales.

I wish both ShopVac (other than their top of the line) and Ridgid vacs used Lamb motors. Parts are pretty easy to get for them, but they cost more. Anymore the mentality is to make things cheap and sell them for big profits. Sooner or later people get angry and look at other brands. When you're ready to think of a shop vac as a long term investment and are willing to pay good money, there are some quality made and fully repairable machines out there. You won't find them in big box stores however. It is angering that a set of $5 motor brushes would get you back and running, but they are not available. The parts list shows only the whole motor as a part. What a sick joke.
          Last edited by Woussko; 08-11-2008, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo 22 View Post
            Not so fast. I have a 4 year old wd17350 16 gal. Vac
            needs brushes.called ridgid repair center. Send it back,
            checked warenty burshes,wear and tear not covered.
            Motors not available. What a waste
            jim
            Jim........I second Woussko. Pull the motor and look for mfgr info and call them directly. I recently needed brushes for my 20 year old travel trailer furnace blower motor. Furnace mfgr told me no parts were available for the motor. It was considered a throw away item and had to be replaced at a cost of $120. Got mfgr info from motor body and googled it. Company had been bought out of course, however found name of new company and called them. Talked with product mgr who told me motor was throw away item. I explained it was a waste of one of their perfectly good motors as I had it all disassembled and could get alot more use if I had replacement brushes. He mailed me 2 sets at no cost.
            Sorry about the long story and it might not be worthwhile for every one, however through the magic of the internet, sometimes things can be saved in this throw away world......Good luck
            One more point. The lifetime warranty on the shop vacs is a completely different animal from the LLSA on the power tools. The LLSA does cover normal wear items including brushes and those spendy Lithium Ion batts.

Comment

Working...
            X