No announcement yet.

got new tablesaw and jointer

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got new tablesaw and jointer

Well I went to home depot and bought the ridgid 3650 table saw and the jp06101 6" jointer. The jointer went together great and runs perfect and once I got the saw all set up the fence is dialed in within .004 which is fine for my cabinet work. I also bought a diablo pro dado 8" and made a inset out of 1/2" birch and so far everything is great. HOWEVER being that I am a mechanical designer (and having exp in making up manuals)I would recommend clearer instructions as to what bolt lengths go where and clean up some of the bolt designations in the manual. The bolts seemed a little soft (1/4") as I easily snapped a couple...oop's
    I was hard pressed on this saw compared to the grizzly with it's 2 hp motor but figured I will upgrade motors at a later time. For $700 I could have had the grizz contractor saw delivered but thought heck I could get this and the jointer for $1100 and the ridgid was just down the road. Now by looking at the reviews (bad ones) customer service must be bad and I hope they get their internal problems resolved before too long as the warrenty service was a BIG, BIG reason I went with Ridgid. I don't have time to deal with bad customer service as now days time is money and their are plenty of companies out their that do care about their customer first and products second. But thus far I would recommend Ridgid but only after reviewing the forum and consumer magazines Thanks and God bless