2930 Router - Hairline cracks in base plate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2930 Router - Hairline cracks in base plate

I just purchased a 2930 router and there are hairline cracks in the base plates. I need a router this evening and this is the only 2930 in my area. What I also want to know is whether ALL RIGID 2930s have this problem?

The only other report, besides yours, that I can recall on this or any other WWBB that I frequent dealing with cracks in the RIDGID routers' base plate is the other thread that you replied to on this BB. So no, I don't think that all Ridgid routers have these cracks in the base plates.

I would go ahead and use the router for your project. If you still aren't satisfied, you can always return it as it would easily be within the 90 satisfaction guaranteed time frame. If you find that you really like the router and want to keep it, you could always have the base plate replaced under warranty or the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement. Just make sure that you register your router and sign up for the LLSA.
    Last edited by BadgerDave; 09-21-2006, 11:49 AM.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
      The only other report, besides yours, that I can recall on this or any other WWBB that I frequent dealing with cracks in the RIDGID routers' base plate is the other thread that you replied to on this BB. So no, I don't think that all Ridgid routers have these cracks in the base plates.

I would go ahead and use the router for your project. If you still aren't satisfied, you can always return it as it would easily be within the 90 satisfaction guaranteed time frame. If you find that you really like the router and want to keep it, you could always have the base plate replaced under warranty or the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement. Just make sure that you register your router and sign up for the LLSA.
      Thanks for the advice. I will decide later today on whether to keep it as you suggest or purchase the 2 1/4hp Triton. The reviews on the Triton seem good and it does come with a number of useful accessories.

Your thoughts?

Comment

Are you sure they are cracks and not just stress marks from the plastic mold?

Comment

Working...
        X