Pre-Sloping Shower Pan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pre-Sloping Shower Pan

Well... I trimmed the drain pipe down so I can fit the adapter and the new drain on. I put on the adapter. Left it to dry so I can put a coat hanger around it or something to lift it up before putting the drain on.

That's it so far. Need to go shopping for the fixtures. I want to put in the new fixtures and the walls before I pour the floor and put down the PVC liner. Since the pre-slope concrete is going to be quite thin around the drain, I don't want to be standing on it while doing the other work and I don't want to be doing much of anything on top of the liner and risk putting even the tiniest tear into it.

This weekend I plan to finish the drain. Then go shopping for some fancy new fixtures...

Comment

all the plumbing should be finished prior to sloping the sub floor. the slope and liner should be the last thing just before placing mortar/ tile.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Just a thought. Why not buy a preformed sloped tray and shower curb. It looks like your area measures about 30" - 36" wide by 60" long?. Go to www.schluter.com to find out more.

Comment

I also have some products and/or services I'd like to peddle in a 5 year old thread.

Please email me at I'mreallynotaspammer,seriously@pleasemakeitstop.co m

Comment

Originally posted by bclint View Post
            Hi. If you're concerned about the hgt. of the step (ok in my opinion) add a small step on the inside!

i just finished remodeling my bathroom... built a custom shower and for me... curbless is the only way to have safe unbroken unbruised toes!

i'm loving it... every stepless of the way!

Comment

I do My own pans. Go to a tile supplier and use the pre slope Kit. NOT LOWS OR H.D.
              A must Michael burns book on setting tile. Great section on How to do pans
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
              X