X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help! Bread in water line?

If he pressed it in hard, it's not really bread anymore now is it? Now you've got a dough-ball. heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Weasel View Post
      If he pressed it in hard, it's not really bread anymore now is it? Now you've got a dough-ball. heh.
      A plaster dough-ball, I suspect. If he hadn't washed his hands of drywall dust before using the bread.

LOL
      If it ain't broke, I haven't seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
        Good soldering takes practice. Now for my important 2 cents worth.

1. Wear a face shield. Hot solder can spatter and all you need it to have some fly into your face or worse yet your eyes.

2. Keep a small ABC dry chemical fire extinguisher within easy reach and also a pail of water and some rags.

3. Clean all parts to be joined together. Inside and out Clean joints have a much better chance of soldering well than any that aren't nice and shiny cleaned up.

4. If tired, have had too many beers, are angry or in any other manor not clear minded, please don't try soldering. Go rest

5. Try soldering some odd pieces of copper pipe and fittings. Practice on them out in the open where it's easy to work and you're less likely to set fires. I hope the serious plumbers can give ideas on what paste flux is good and what's bad.

In my old house most of the soldering was done with a 50/50 lead-tin solder and older acid flux. Today that's not allowed.

Woussko,

What exactly is your expertise? I don't see an occupation listed in your profile. Your advice on soldering seems to lack experience.
        the dog

Comment

Can you maybe elaborate on where he was off the ball?

Comment

Thanks to everyone who posted here.

Just wanted to tell you the bottom line:

I called in a pro. He blasted the line with CO2 and the bread came spraying out.

Everything is fine now.

By the way, here's the reason for the problem in the first place:
            There were 3 pipes on the manifold - 1 that I had repaired, 1 to the other bathroom and 1 incoming pipe.

The guy who came in to do the soldering on the 1 pipe I had repaired but still was seeping a tiny bit of water had actually cut through ALL the pipes on the manifold.

I found out that he did this JUST BECAUSE HE HAD A CUTTING WHEEL and chose not to use a hacksaw. NO OTHER REASON.

DUH. If I never see that guy again, it'll be too soon.
            If it ain't broke, I haven't seen it.

Comment

Working...
            X