X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cutting into existing cast iron sewer pipe

toutahnow...so, looking @ the site you forwarded, if mr56 CI or plastic to Ci or plastic were used to join Ci to plastic, that would be code compliant? And using an MR56 54 ARC would provide for a code compliant joining of 4" CI to 4" plastic? Would the mr56 coupling be considered a banded coupling? Thanks.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

the band you need is the mission "cp44". it is shielded and is listed for 4''cast iron to plastic.

the "mr" series are all rubber and are used outdoors. this is the band that i use for sewer lines in ground outside of the structure. also the similar 4'' plastic/c.i to clay.

rule of thumb is a shielded listed coupling is required for use inside of the structure. all rubber can be used outside of the structure. mission rubber and fernco are the 2 big companies that make them.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

They sell macerating toilets now. You can add a tub and sink. They only require a 2" sewer connection. They work well in attics or basements. Easy to install. 2" sewer connection and 2" vent. I've seen 4" grinders for 50.00 at Home Depot.

Comment

I don't understand

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            I don't understand
            translation

a macelrator is a, sort of, garbage disposal.

a grinder in this case is a 4''- 4.5'' abrasive grinder/ sander. not a garbage grinder.

still confused. read the whole post. it's like a soap opera.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Yeh I had to replace one on a boat we chartered before we left for Catalina.
              Talk about getting real personal with waste.
              I just can't tell sometimes what is serious and sarcasm.I'll get it.

Comment

Working...
              X