Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Die Head Compatibility

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the 1" die from a 111-R will fit my 11-R?

I need to run some black pipe for a tankless water heater.

Thanks!

Re: Die Head Compatibility

I don't have an 11-r, but it is my understanding the dies them selves will fit the range of the hand powered ridgid die holders,
    http://www.toolbarn.com/product/ridgid/37835/
    For 0-R, 11-R, 00-R, 111-R, 12-R, 30-A and 31-A Threaders
    Last edited by BHD; 03-13-2007, 08:45 AM.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

did a little research. it appears that the 111-r is older?

all the die cutters/ teeth are interchangeable in the die head. 0-r,00r,111r,12r,11r,30a,31a.

but i think your question has to do with the handle?

the 11- r and 111-r use different ratcheting handles. couldn't find a picture, but did determine that when adapting to a 700 power drive, the 11-r uses #772 adapter and the 111-r uses a #773.

hope that answers you

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I think the 11R, is Has a hex looking, back piece, and the ratchet is enclosed in the head of the handle,

and the 111R, is like the 12R, and the ratchet works on groves on the out side of the die holder, but the unit is smaller that the 12R, as the largest pipe is 1 1/4"
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Thanks guys. I was actually trying to figure out if a 1" die head from a 111-R (I see these come up on e-Bay every once in a while) would fit into my 11-R handle. From the replies it looks like that will not work.

Thanks again.

Comment

here is a picture of both the 111R and the 11R, handles,, This is a eBay picture, and the guy has a mix of dies, that fit either one or the other,
            auction(230103082994) note the differences, in the ratchets, the 111R is on the left and the 11R is on the right,
            second picture is a back view of a 11R die, (eBay picture)330096416482
            the last is of a 111R, (eBay picture) 270098486121
            Attached Files
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X