Snaking Tee Fittings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snaking Tee Fittings

We have a property where the drains in the bathrooms in adjacent apartments are connected with a Tee fitting rather than a Y. What do we use to get a snake to go down the Tee fitting rather than going straight into the adjacent apartment bathroom drain? Thanks.

Re: Snaking Tee Fittings

Originally posted by John Anderson View Post
    We have a property where the drains in the bathrooms in adjacent apartments are connected with a Tee fitting rather than a Y. What do we use to get a snake to go down the Tee fitting rather than going straight into the adjacent apartment bathroom drain? Thanks.
    Drop head auger
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I've had to use a camera to guide the snake the right direction.

remove camera before turning on snake.

Brent
      Brent

Comment

on old back to back fittings, you will have a problem. a drop head auger can work if you know how far the common tee is and you go very slow to allow it to drop into the riser.

if you can remove the nipple from the trap arm, you can actually feed the cable down the riser.

another trick that i do every now and then is to go onto the roof and run the cable from the common vent.

since i gave you a generic answer, i don't know if any of these ideas will work on your application.

more info, better answers

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
        X