X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with spayer & faucet

I just bought a beautiful copper faucet at an unreal price, one of those "had to haves", and it didn't come with a sprayer, so I bought a sprayer seperate. My question is, how do I hook it up? The faucet is not designed to have a spayer, so what do I do now? I HAVE to have a sprayer. Can anyone help?

Re: Need help with spayer & faucet

Since the faucet is not designed for a sprayer and you HAVE to have a sprayer, I'd return the faucet and buy one designed with a sprayer.
    Brent

Comment

There's no way possible to get this config. to work? I didn't realize that I had to have a faucet designed to accomidate a sprayer when I bought it, and there's no way I can return it. Any info would be great, and thanks!

Comment

The only way I can think of is to pipe the sprayer directly off of either the hot or cold supply. But, sprayers are not designed to be under constant pressure and would probably start leaking or burst the sprayer head. That would be bad. There may also be a backflow issue when the sprayer is left in the sink, which could happen.

There may be a sprayer out there that installs independently from the faucet, but I've never seen or heard of them.
        Brent

Comment

Wow, this really sucks, haha. What about coming off the cold line and installing a pressure valve? That way it's not under extreme pressure at all times? Or, do they sell some sort of diverter that I can install in the line going to the sprayer? That way it waill sort of act like the one in the faucet itself? I really don't know anything about plumbing, I'm just a carpenter, so.... Hope that explains all my questions. Thanks!

Comment

your in the trades, so you know, if you want it its only a matter of what kind of resources you want to throw into it only to have something that may irritate you from day 1.

for our automatic faucets we use temp mixing valves under the counter.

how does this sprayer match a high dollar faucet without connecting.

how far are you willing to go.

Comment

Originally posted by BAPlumber View Post
              Since the faucet is not designed for a sprayer and you HAVE to have a sprayer, I'd return the faucet and buy one designed with a sprayer.
              BAPlumber,

Hey, Hey,Hey. That was funny.
              the dog

Comment

if you post a photo of the underside of the new faucet, i will be able to come up with a way. it won't be as good as a factory unit, but will work and be safe. just don't sell it to an end user.

depending on the casting of the faucet. you can drill and tap an 1/8'' fip thread in the bottom of the casting, then attach your hose. it won't have a diverter valve, or an anti-siphon device. not exactly to code, but will suite your needs and will be only pressurized when the faucet is on.

a picture will help with the exact placement.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  if you post a photo of the underside of the new faucet, i will be able to come up with a way. it won't be as good as a factory unit, but will work and be safe. just don't sell it to an end user.

depending on the casting of the faucet. you can drill and tap an 1/8'' fip thread in the bottom of the casting, then attach your hose. it won't have a diverter valve, or an anti-siphon device. not exactly to code, but will suite your needs and will be only pressurized when the faucet is on.

rick.
                  Rick,

That sounds a little half-assed. But, I've done my share of half-assed plumbing.

I'm with BAPlumbers first post.
                  the dog

Comment

dog, agree, but he wants to do this and not buy another faucet. so i gave him the answer he was looking for.

i once had a special order colored kohler toilet. i went to install it and it didn't fit under the counter top. so i did what i needed to do.

i cut the tall kohler wellworth tank down. that was easy. drill a square hole for the handle was fun. it's been since early 90's and it's still going strong. i still work for that client. kohler has redesigned that wellworth and made a normal height tank. i guess too many banjo counter tops.

so it might not be "kosher", but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do

nice avatar dog

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

That must be one special faucet!!
                      Send it to Rick he probably loves to tackle projects like that

Comment

Originally posted by bhead62 View Post
                        That must be one special faucet!!
                        Send it to Rick he probably loves to tackle projects like that
                        If you had the experience Rick has you might take it on too.
                        the dog

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.

Who are you and what did you do with Rick?
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                          X