Plumbing Vehicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbing Vehicle

Hi there, I'm just getting into the plumbing trade, currently taking the Pre-Employment Apprenticeship program in Alberta.

I'm thinking about getting a new vehicle, and am wondering on what would be best suited to my needs.

At the moment, I currently don't have a job lined up, so I am unsure what I will be doing, but I'm looking towards residential construction, or light commercial.

Pretty much I'm wondering what everybody else here uses, whether it be a van or a truck, and which company/model they prefer.

Thanks,

Derek.

Re: Plumbing Vehicle

Apparently I suck at the internet and double posted. If one of the admin/mods could delete the other thread, that'd be great.

Thanks.

Comment

I would expect nothing less out of an apprentice. But, you'll be alright. If you care enough to find this site, you got some spunk. Maybe not alot of brains, but alot of get-up-and-go.

ps. "1.414" Always remember that. Maybe the post important piping number there is.
      Last edited by plumbdog10; 04-14-2007, 09:15 PM.
      the dog

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
        I would expect nothing less out of an apprentice. But, you'll be alright. If you care enough to find this site, you got some spunk. Maybe not alot of brains, but alot of get-up-and-go.

ps. "1.414" Always remember that. Maybe the post important piping number there is.
        don't leave me in the dark here. explain yourself

Comment

Derek,

Welcome to the Forum and I have to tell you you live in one of my favorite Cities. I'm sure dog will explain it to you but the number he gave you is part of a formula which seperates the guys who can slap pipes together and those who are true plumbers.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by dmazzocchi View Post
            don't leave me in the dark here. explain yourself
            it might not be the same since you guys use the metric system. this formula is for a 45 degree offset. example would be if the the spread between pipes is 10'' center to center then the long leg, hypotinus? would be 14.141" center to center.

every offset has a different formula, but a 45 degree offset is the most common we use in plumbing, other than a 90 offset.

ps. i would get the job before the vehicle. you need a relaible mode of transportation more than a vehicle to carry all the supplies. you're just a pre apprentice. not the job foreman.

next lesson, 2 % grade, 1/4'' per foot

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Any basic math formula will work with any measurement system, including metric.
              the dog

Comment

Working...
              X