electric boilers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: electric boilers

The room is about 3w x 5d x 7h. The door is a standard door but opens in. Then there is a crawl space behind the furnaces and hot water tank thats about 3 ft high. But you would have to pretty much crawl to get there with a completely different access.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler S View Post
      The room is about 3w x 5d x 7h. The door is a standard door but opens in. Then there is a crawl space behind the furnaces and hot water tank thats about 3 ft high. But you would have to pretty much crawl to get there with a completely different access.
      So does this mean that worst case scenario you have to disassemble some duct work and manhandle a larger water heater into place or will it just not fit at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler S View Post
        Then there is a crawl space behind the furnaces and hot water tank thats about 3 ft high.
        3' foot high crawlspace?? You can practically standup in there. Can't remember the last time I was in one that high.

Comment

Ok I found one that will work, its a N\G combie boiler thats 90% efficient. Its a 50 gal and it will recover 92 gal per hour. They listed it for $3000 and they will give it to me for $1750. Sounds like not to bad of an idea. So I will just take out the old hot water tank and put this one in its place.
          Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            3' foot high crawlspace?? You can practically standup in there. Can't remember the last time I was in one that high.

I didn't say I couldn't fit in it or work for that matter. I just can't really see fitting another 30 gal hot water tankin there. But thanks for your imput.
            Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              So does this mean that worst case scenario you have to disassemble some duct work and manhandle a larger water heater into place or will it just not fit at all?

Yes I have a little more room if I shuffle it around and take the old one out. Tieing into the single wall vent would also be do able. But what I'm going to do since this new one is high efficient. I'm going to run horizontaly through the wall and use an old storm drain that is no longer in use to go through the wall there. I was trying to stay away from using hot water heaters for heating because thats what I was always told. Now if thats right or wrong I don't know, but just what I was told.
              Thanks Tyler

Comment

Working...
              X