Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my Porcher wall mount toilet

Hi,
    I have a Porcher wall mounted toilet bowl with a Gerber+ hidden tank. The it's a 1.6 gal. flush and seems to flush fine. What bothers me is that the bowl only has a tiny bit of water in it. Even if I manually try to slowly fill the bowl from an outside source (bucket), the water level stays the same. Does anyone know if there's some way to adjust the water level in the bowl? Please help. If you need more info about this please ask and I'll answer asap. Thanks in advance.

Re: I hate my Porcher wall mount toilet

Originally posted by nancyr View Post
    Hi,
    I have a Porcher wall mounted toilet bowl with a Gerber+ hidden tank. The it's a 1.6 gal. flush and seems to flush fine. What bothers me is that the bowl only has a tiny bit of water in it. Even if I manually try to slowly fill the bowl from an outside source (bucket), the water level stays the same. Does anyone know if there's some way to adjust the water level in the bowl? Please help. If you need more info about this please ask and I'll answer asap. Thanks in advance.
    There's no way to adjust the water level in the bowl, because a toilet has an intragral trap. What you have----is what you have. The sad part is that it is a wall-mounted residential toilet. These are not common, so there is little selection to change it, short or roughing in a new installation.

I get the feeling, and I might be wrong, that you chose this in a remodel or custom home. If you did: shame on you. If you didn't, I'd hire a plumber to rough in a standard floor mounted toilet.
    the dog

Comment

Thanks for your reply, P'dog. I would never have bought this stupid "designer" toilet. My first rule for any home improvement is that it be practical/reliable, and intelligently chosen. My husband and I bought this house and the previous owners didn't share my practical sensibilities. The house is a sprawling ranch with a crawlspace. We have 2 other toilets that are American Standard wall mounts (Porcher is their upscale line) and they have normal bowl capacities. I know this toilet was expensive so I hate to throw it away and replace it, but I really do hate it. If there's nothing I can do to get more water in the bowl I guess I'll have to live with it for a while. If anyone has any creative remedies for this I'll still hold out a little hope. Thanks.

Comment

The only way the water level is going to be higher is if you have a stoppage!

Comment

i have a customer with 3 porcher toilets. they are planning on changing them to toto really soon. fortunatly they are not wall mounts.

is the biggest issue with the low water level, staining, skid marks

the better high end toilets now have a higher water level and a slick finish to prevent stains. toto calls it "sani gloss".

how old is this toilet?

have you spoke to american standard or porcher with your concerns?

unfortunatly with your particular wall hung and concealed tank, you have no inexpensive options.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,
            Good idea to call Porcher. If the toilet was installed at the same time as all the other rehabbing was done to this house then it is likely from the '80s. And since you asked, believe it or not, the reason the low water is so annoying is staining. I'm on a medication that turns my pee purple so the inside of the bowl looks like it's been splashed with grape juice. I really hate constantly cleaning it. Thanks for the suggestion.
            Nancy

Comment

Rick,

"...call Porcher...?"

And they are going to, what? Give her a better toilet?
              the dog

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
                Rick,

"...call Porcher...?"

No, but perhaps they can let her know if they have a updated model or inform her of other options...

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
                  Rick,

"...call Porcher...?"

dog,
                  maybe they have a purple toilet, so that it won't show the stain

actually the toilet can't be a low flow from the 80's. they didn't come out till beginning of 1990. most manufacturers have re-engineered their toilets from day one. they might have a newer model that will give you a better water level.

you could also try preflushing prior to #1. if the china is wet, it shouldn't stain. also try waxing the china surface when it's dry. that should keep it clean.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                  X