A.D.A. Requirements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.D.A. Requirements

The concrete contractor has put the steel columns in a commercial building 2" off thereby narrowing a downstairs corridor serving multiple suites to 4'-10" after drywall.

I understand American Disabilities Act requirements pertaining to bathrooms and plumbing fixture elevations.

Does anyone know what the minimum inside clearance is for commercial buildings corridor that are serving multiple suites with no elevator to the second floor,here in California?Do they need the same 5'-0" wheelchair turnaround radius as the restrooms?

Concrete is tommorrow morning.Been trying to get answers since Friday after noon.Thought I would ask you guys first before researching internet.

Worst case scenario stop the pour,wait till the city opens Monday morning and get an answer.

Thanks.

Re: A.D.A. Requirements

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    The concrete contractor has put the steel columns in a commercial building 2" off thereby narrowing a downstairs corridor serving multiple suites to 4'-10" after drywall.

I understand American Disabilities Act requirements pertaining to bathrooms and plumbing fixture elevations.

Does anyone know what the minimum inside clearance is for commercial buildings corridor that are serving multiple suites with no elevator to the second floor,here in California?Do they need the same 5'-0" wheelchair turnaround radius as the restrooms?

Concrete is tommorrow morning.Been trying to get answers since Friday after noon.Thought I would ask you guys first before researching internet.

Worst case scenario stop the pour,wait till the city opens Monday morning and get an answer.

Thanks.
    It's 36" but if you have two ninety degree turns they have to be a minimum of forty eight inches apart.

Mark
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 04-29-2007, 02:28 PM.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Re: A.D.A. Requirements

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      It's 36" but if you have to ninety degree turns they have to be a minimum of forty eight inches apart.

Mark
      Thank you Mark,Because both side walls down the corridor have multiple waste stacks there is going to be a lot of jackhammering if the frammer cannot move the walls to fix the concrete contractors mistake.

Sorry you had to do my superintendants job

Now I can be more pleasant to be around,my lady thanks you
      Last edited by drtyhands; 04-29-2007, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X