Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Snake

O.K. now I'm ready.

A few days ago my girlfreinds brother had the bloated pasta in his kitchen trap arm.He called me when he couldn't get through with the D.I.Y.'s $10.00 hand snake.He tried very hard over 2 day's to get it because I always have expressed to anyone who knows me that I don't do snakes they are messy and others can do it so much more efficiently for the time and money.He is not a rich man with a good heart.So I felt bad that he did not want to inconvienience me.Not again

Thanks to this forum I have the confidence to own a snake without worrying about screwing myself and everthing around me up.

So I was wondering.I would like to purchase a snake that is as portable as possible to mostly do 1-1/2" to 2" traps and trap arms to the drains and Know the job is complete.And for emergencies only,do they make such a machine that not only does this job but also accepts sectional cable so that one could add them to clear SOFT stoppages in a longer mainline (so I could stay them over till they could get a qualified person to look at it).Maybe the cable diameter for 1.5" traps and offsets just gets too crazy after a certain length I don't know.Most of the work seems to be trap arms to drains.I do not intend to remove mainline stops Just poke a hole through.

Could you tell me which type of heads, they have a large selection.

Any thoughts?

ADAM-----------

Re: Which Snake

Here are my top 3-choices:

1. K-50
    2. K-50
    3. K-50

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      Here are my top 3-choices:

1. K-50
      2. K-50
      3. K-50

Mark
      1.Thank You
      2.Thank You
      3.Thank You

Comment

+1 on the K-50. i've got one and it is a fantastic machine/tool.

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

adam, the k50 is great, but is only a 5/8'' cable. it will do what you stated, but i would stay away from 4'' lines and roots.

now if you bump up to the k-60 you have 2 snakes in 1. it will run 5/8'' and 7/8''. this will allow for the small 1.5'' lines and up to 4'' lines with roots. it's slightly bigger than a k-50, but packs a bigger punch. it has gotten me jobs that otherwise were a pain in the @ss. i can go on a roof or in a crawl space. i very rarely use the guide hose and it's very fast at running it out for a sectional machine.

if you want to try the k-50, i have 3 and you can try 1. if you want to try the k-60, you better be a lot bigger than me i only have 1 and 150' of 7/8''.

if you wait till june, josh will be in town and we have a golf/ grudge match you can join us and grab a k-50. the problem is 1 only have 1 cage of 5/8''. i'll let you use the 3/8'' drum adapter, since i don't use it with this machine.

let me know, also make yourself avaliable 1'st thursday in june for an afternoon game, near lax/ venice.

rick.

since when were you into drain cleaning
          phoebe it is

Comment

dirty,

For what you explained you needed I would still go with the K-50. When you add a canister you can also turn 5/16" or 3/8". It is limited as to what it will do in a main line but there is nothing in the house it will not clear.

Don't tell Rick but I have several hundred feet of both 5/8" and 7/8" cable here and another couple of hundred feet of 1 1/4" in Utah with my K-500 and KM-1500.

Mark

Comment

Utah,

I would love to go to Utah to see what your talking about.So, get your application and fees to dfg so when you get drawn for elk I can be there to help quarter and haul out.That way I can justify going that far to check out a tool

Rick,

Thank you so much for your generosity,although I will more than likely buy a k-50 I have decided to go back through the forum after hearing what the posters on this thread have said so far.But hey,I may take you up on a demo sometime if I know I'm in your area with some spare time

Partner I'm sorry, but you guys still get the lions share of snake meat.I just need something help freinds family and the people who are truelly in need.As I get older I find myself helping out my elders who came up blue collar and are strapped financially.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                Utah,

I would love to go to Utah to see what your talking about.So, get your application and fees to dfg so when you get drawn for elk I can be there to help quarter and haul out.That way I can justify going that far to check out a tool

Rick,

Thank you so much for your generosity,although I will more than likely buy a k-50 I have decided to go back through the forum after hearing what the posters on this thread have said so far.But hey,I may take you up on a demo sometime if I know I'm in your area with some spare time

Partner I'm sorry, but you guys still get the lions share of snake meat.I just need something help freinds family and the people who are truelly in need.As I get older I find myself helping out my elders who came up blue collar and are strapped financially.
                dirty,

I'm only 60 miles East of you so give me a shoot if you are ever in a pinch for a machine.

Mark

Comment

dirty,

I'm only 60 miles East of you so give me a shoot if you are ever in a pinch for a machine.

Mark
                  Very well appreciated Mark.I'm hoping to not have to take you up on it.Like to pack my own chute.Still very kind of you .Lets hope for some good deals to start coming down the line.As long as I stay patient my network in this area usually turns what I need up.Lotta good people around

Comment

dirty,

Mark
                    adam, i'm only 40 miles south of you.

mark, what are you doing with all that cable

you can't keep a secret on this forum

first golf then skeet. i'm bound to win 1

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                      WHOA,WHOA,WHOA!!!! where were you guys talking about skeet, now your talkin' something I have to get in on.They have a range about 30 miles from here.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                        I've always had a pretty good supply of Ridgid cables. I don't know if you remember Kaner Supply which use to be downtown but I bought most of their Ridgid Kollman stuff at auction when they closed down. After that I've just been watching for deals on cables. When I sold my shop I kept all of the new cables.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X