Galv. For Gas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Galv. For Gas

Do you guys have to paint the galv. lines yellow so they don't get confused w/ water lines? We still have lots of houses around here that have gal. for water.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I didn't bother to read the whole thread, just blow over it, I install nothing but galv in and out of a house, all around. It is clean and is better quality. (Code say's galv can only be installed outside, no steel becuase it rusts)

As far as the yello PTFE tape, I wouldn't use it, I use pipe dope only, and I use the nasty green stuff only on gas. (key-tite) messy, but it will wipe off
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        AAAHHH. here it is again, different parts of the united states using different procedures of proccessing and putting additives in the natural gas.Similar to the discussion we had refferring to the use of using copper for gas.
        Just a note on the gas around america, back east and mid west (and now los angeles) drip legs are required. Now, thats all the same, but back east you are required to grade you gas line I heard because the gas is "wet" please tell me if this is true?
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
          Just a note on the gas around america, back east and mid west (and now los angeles) drip legs are required. Now, thats all the same, but back east you are required to grade you gas line I heard because the gas is "wet" please tell me if this is true?
          You may have been misinformed. No grading neccesary.
          Mid-Atlantic area no longer has wet gas and no drip legs are required now(but I still install them)

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
            We don't have to grade them but a drip leg is required.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Unless we know the specific gas is completely dry we are required to have a pitch/slope of 0.250" for every 15' of pipe .

Comment

Originally posted by apf View Post
                Unless we know the specific gas is completely dry we are required to have a pitch/slope of 0.250" for every 15' of pipe .
                So I wasn't completely wrong, I just had my part of the country wrong
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  You may have been misinformed. No grading neccesary.
                  Mid-Atlantic area no longer has wet gas and no drip legs are required now(but I still install them)
                  Actually, don't laugh, 1/4" per 15 ft in MA. (yup...usual response...how the heck you s'posed to get that pitch accurate??)
                  Mark, feel free to look it up.
                  I have yet to see it enforced, but it's code.

P.S> - hadn't seen APF's post till I hit enter...guess it's not just us.

Comment

Working...
                  X