X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: move kitchen drain line

Yah, must be a municipal thing, or a particular inspector, the good old authority having jurisdiction. Have you picked up the 2005 NPC yet? I really hope Alberta doesn't adopt much of it, its really a dumbed down version of the 1995 code. One of the changes is an incease to the max length of a fixture oulet pipe from 36" to 48". The intent is to eliminate island venting altogether and have the trap under the floor for a kitchen sink
    You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondahead View Post
      The intent is to eliminate island venting altogether and have the trap under the floor for a kitchen sink
      OMG! No access to the trap? That's just silly.

Comment

Its not the fact that you cant access the trap, its that when a dishwasher discharges into the kitchen fixture drain, various foodstuffs will get stuck in the piping that is upstream of the trap, making for a very smelly kitchen. Honda, I have picked it up actually and i cant say i am a fan. Another thing they've changed is now on a 3 piece bathroom wet vent, the toilet MUST be tied in the furthest downstream, which makes bathroom rough ins alot uglier, more time consuming, and more costly. Cleanout sizing has changed too. From what Ive heard from the local big wigs, January '08 will be the date we're supposed to adopt it.
        West Trail Mechanical Ltd
        Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
          From what Ive heard from the local big wigs, January '08 will be the date we're supposed to adopt it.
          Municipal Affairs Standata
          You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

If you based this on the UPC I would agree with Rick that a vent requires a cleanout if it is less than 6" below the flood-level rim. But under the uniform Plumbing Code there is a few more problems. I'm not saying anyone is wrong, but I mention this for California plumbers who operate under the UPC.

1) The "foot vent" should be a wye brench fitting (wye and 1/8th bend or comby). The fitting shown is a SanTee.

2) The "foot vent" should have a clean-out where it rises in the wall, because it is a vent not above 6" over the flood level rim.

3) The fitting below the wall on the foot vent is hard to tell weather it is a sweep or 1/4 bend. It should be a sweep. All vent piping below 6' of the flood level rim should be under drainage fittings.

Again, this is based on the UPC. this project was not done under that code, so I am in no way busting down the work, this is for the California guys.
            the dog

Comment

Before you do anything, I would get several estimates on the entire plumbing system. Then go back to the builder and see if he will refund you anything. From your pictures I am sure there is allot more wrong in your home.
              THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

Originally posted by Crappy days View Post
                Before you do anything, I would get several estimates on the entire plumbing system. Then go back to the builder and see if he will refund you anything. From your pictures I am sure there is allot more wrong in your home.
                What,are we kidding ourselves,he's done,insulation drywall,paint and pool table.

And here I am holding my breath for a thank you.
                Josh,another tissue please

Comment

Working...
                X