X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Meter Plug

Just installed an earthquake shut off on a gas meter. It's just part of a large project. Any gas permits in Marin Co. Ca. require a E-Quake shut off, if one isn't already installed. On the gas work ,i also have about 60 ft. of 3/4" underground pipe for fire pit and barbacue. Here's the question. I eliminated the 3/4" plug on the t coupling doing the install. My test guage is on one of the outdoor risers. Will i get busted for no plug on the house side of the meter? Thank's Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Gas Meter Plug

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Just installed an earthquake shut off on a gas meter. It's just part of a large project. Any gas permits in Marin Co. Ca. require a E-Quake shut off, if one isn't already installed. On the gas work ,i also have about 60 ft. of 3/4" underground pipe for fire pit and barbacue. Here's the question. I eliminated the 3/4" plug on the t coupling doing the install. My test guage is on one of the outdoor risers. Will i get busted for no plug on the house side of the meter? Thank's Tool
    If you are saying yopu removed the plug from the Gas Companies bypass tee then yes you will get busted.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thank's Utah , I guessed as much. Will re-plumb with plug.
      What's the plugs' use? test?
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

tool, it's more than a plug. it's a bypass tee.

you need to rework the setup to have the tee right off the meter nipple.

the gas co. has a way to insert a tapered plug with a gas bypass into the open tee. this will allow for the meter or regulator to be replaced without shutting off the gas to the house. therefore they don't have to relite any pilots.

this system only works when the tee is the first and only fitting on top of the outlet of the meter.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Great info. Rick. Does the plug also have to be installed into the house Vs. sideways ? Thank's again Guys

Comment

Working...
          X