1.5" or 2" PVC preferred?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.5" or 2" PVC preferred?

I am installing a kitchensink/dishwasher drain run and have to make a choice. The run is about 12' in length with one 90* turn (and now, it seems, a few more slight angles to get things aligned) and a good down running pitch in the cellar. The question is which would be better hydraulically, a 1.5" or 2" drain run? I ask because as I was doing my toilet drain a couple years ago I was told that a 3" pipe would work better hydraulically than a 4" and since that was a short run it made sense. Any thoughts on 1.5" vs 2" in this application?

Thanks
    Last edited by nervous; 06-16-2007, 08:59 AM. Reason: typo error

Re: 1.5" or 2" PVC preferred?

is the run 12'' or 12'

the santee in the wall should stub out 1.5'' with a trap. the bottom of the santee should then run 2'' into the main.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Sorry, it's 12'. I have edited the post to read accurately. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by nervous View Post
        Sorry, it's 12'. I have edited the post to read accurately. Thanks for the info.
        2" loop with a 1.5" foot vent,trap and trap arm.Don't forget your cleanouts

Comment

What is the occupancy of this building. We are assuming residential....but he doesn't provide that information. In many cases disposal drains are sized 2" on commercial applications. If it is residential, which it probably is, I would agree with drty and Rick.
          Last edited by plumbdog10; 06-16-2007, 09:08 PM.
          the dog

Comment

Just to provide more necessary info:

Single family, residential, 1000sq/ft, 2BR bungalow occupied by 2 adults currently.
            Last edited by nervous; 06-17-2007, 10:16 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Check the square ft again. It's length times width to figure it out. 100 sq ft is only 10'x10'.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

sometimes it feels like 10' x 10', especially when it's all torn up for a project.

Just typing a bit too fast.

1000 sq/ft., more or less.

Comment

Working...
                X