X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slight leakage back into toilet

I noticed that when the toilet is used you'll notice some discoloring of the water after flushing as if all the liquid didn't not empty from the toilet. Everything seems to be working otherwise just fine. Any ideas or ways to test out what the problem is? Thanks!

Re: slight leakage back into toilet

are you sure that the tank is not filled with sediment that is getting stirred up when th toilet tank refills?

remove the lid and wash out the tank. a sponge works good to remove the sediment. once you have clear water in the tank, see if you still have these issues.

how old is the toilet and what brand is it?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Check to see if the water in tank is filling to the proper water fill line in toilet.
      You also may have to replace toilet flapper. Some times they will drop to quickly, and not give a full flush of water.

Comment

Dido, Freddy you beat me to it.
        THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

Originally posted by gmolnar View Post
          I noticed that when the toilet is used you'll notice some discoloring of the water after flushing as if all the liquid didn't not empty from the toilet. Everything seems to be working otherwise just fine. Any ideas or ways to test out what the problem is? Thanks!

Just a thought, discoloring, like a rust color? do you have any galv water piping in your house? galv piping will cause water to discolor.
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Are you saying the bowl doesn't clear all the debris?

Are you on a well?

I've worked on a few well systems in Aldie, VA. Lots of iron in the water

With the drought we are having locally the well runs dry and it will pull sediments from the bottom and most will end up in the toilet tanks.
            Last edited by plumberscrack; 06-17-2007, 10:34 AM.

Comment

It clears the debris but the liquid doesn't completely clear. i.e. the water after flushing will have a yellow tint.

Comment

Working...
              X