Government tax credits- Instant HW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Government tax credits- Instant HW

This is a question for the canadians out there, but im interested to see what sort of credits the US guys get too. Does anybody know of a tax credit available to consumers or plumbing companies, for replacing conventional HWT's with instant or high Eff. hot water heaters? I know we have a $50 credit for homeowners replacing their old toilets with low flush wc's. and Ive heard a little talk about this too. Thanks in advance.

Re: Government tax credits- Instant HW

http://www.incentivesandrebates.ca/gc_fi_search.asp
    You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

As far as I understand in the United States Of America anything with an Energy Star rating has the potential for a tax credit. I replaced my electric hot water heater with a gas Rinnai and even without the $300 tax credit, the electric savings alone will pay for the heater.
      We also have tax credits for money spent weather proofing your home.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
        As far as I understand in the United States Of America anything with an Energy Star rating has the potential for a tax credit. I replaced my electric hot water heater with a gas Rinnai and even without the $300 tax credit, the electric savings alone will pay for the heater.
        We also have tax credits for money spent weather proofing your home.
        So how do you like that Rinnai? pretty sweet huh?

Comment

WOW. That sucks. I somehow just wiped out a long rambling off the subject reply.
          OH well it will save you some reading.
          It went something like, Blah blah blah electric hwh blah blah.
          I had a Toyotomi k-1 blah blah, loved it. blah blah it broke blah blah.
          went to electric "temporally" ended up being a year blah blah.
          I got a Rannai. love it! no more planing when to take a shower so you can have hot water. Wife and daughter LOVE IT they can take a shower all day long if they wanted. As long as we have gas, we have hot water.
          Only problem so far is, it's starting to turn off and flash a code when only using the dish washer.
          I think the toyotomi was cheaper to run but if no one around here can fix them I'd rather have the Rannai. Anything is better then electric.
          BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

LOL Don't you just hate it when you spend 20 mins. working on a literary masterpiece and you lose it?

I got a big rebate for the new 95% Peerless Pinnacle boiler

Comment

NICE. I hear they run at a fraction of the normal cost.
              Id like to get one but the budget is too tight this year.
              We just spent $700 on certainteed insulsafe blown insulation for the attic.
              That should get the heat bill down a lot this winter.
              We used 8 tons of wood pellets and 200 gallons of k-1 last winter.

Comment

how much is the peerless pinnacle?

Comment

I had to beat up my salesman to get the 140k and accessories (pumps, valves, prog. t-stat) for about $1950.00.

Next up for me is the blown attic isulation only 3" deep now

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                    NICE. I hear they run at a fraction of the normal cost.
                    Id like to get one but the budget is too tight this year.
                    We just spent $700 on certainteed insulsafe blown insulation for the attic.
                    That should get the heat bill down a lot this winter.
                    We used 8 tons of wood pellets and 200 gallons of k-1 last winter.
                    time to move

in the non winter months i use $15.00 of natural gas and in the winter months, mrs. seat down burns up approx. $35-40. a month

today it was 82 degrees

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

yesterday i was at the supply house and a new noritz rep was there promoting the noritz line of tankless.

he only has 3 weeks of sales training so i took it for what it was worth.

there is a $300. tax credit on the heaters.

the noritz sales literature shows a 10 year break even point compared to a tank heater. i believe it's more.

the salesman actually told me that the tankless is more for "tree huggers" than for money savings those were his words.

i seem to feel the same way too

at $15.00 a month for my gas bill, i'll never break even on a tankless. plus my tank heater is 18 years old now

i was talking to another plumber yesterday on the golf course and he just installed 1 that day. he too agrees that the payback is very long, but the money he makes on 1 is very good

i sell honesty, not what makes me more money

sorry, i just don't see an advantage with a tankless if a tank heater has been satisfactory for the homeowner over the years.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, I would agree with you unless it is a new construction project. I can say several of my customers have noticed a monthly savings of 20 to 40 percent. However that would not be a large enough savings for most. There is nothing like having unlimited hot water , especially for larger families.
                        THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

Working...
                        X