deck mount tub valve problem.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: deck mount tub valve problem.

Rick, Do you know what home warranty he has . Is it American Home Shield, Old Republic or another company. American home shield is or was owned by the same company that owns Rescue Rooter. If it is them I would encourage your brother to haggle with them over any money he paid. In my area this is a big problem as they almost encourage the plumbing company's not to fix anything.
    I use to do allot of work with them at one point while working for another employer, hated it. Anyhow you can read up on the web on these company's and the consumer complaints they have.
    THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

I believe American Home Shield is a division of Service Master. The only connection I can see with Roto Rooter is I believe the guys who started Service Masters also started ACE Duraflo and several of the Roto Rooter franchises have ACE DuraFlo franchises.

We use to do home warranty work early on but it just did not pay enough. In the last 20-years the warranty companies have used us for second opinions only for slab leaks and the likes. Most of the warranty companies cap slab leaks at $600 and will not fix them. If we verified a leak the warranty company would write a check to the owner and wish them luck. We generally would repair the leak for the customer directly after the warranty company was out of the picture.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

If my memory serves me right service Master bought out Rescue Rooter about 5 years ago. Or rather the company that owns Service Master also owns Rescue Rooter witch also owns or is a division of Sears and Roebuck

Comment

I know ServiceMaster was a carpet cleaning sub contractor for Sears in the 70s but I don't believe Sears ever owned them. After a while ServiceMaster branched out into all of the contracting businesses (Plumbing, Electrical. HVAC. Gararge Doors......) but I believe those were independently owned franchises of ServiceMaster. After the owners sold ServiceMaster to whomever, they started ACE Duraflo and now sell those franchises.

Mark

Comment

What I'm saying is it seams like a conflict to me. I don't know the exact details but I remember my old boss telling me the original owner of Rescue Rooter sold the company to Service Master or a parent company.

Comment

Okay I found it and yes Rescue Rooter is one of many companies owned by ServiceMaster:
              • American Home Shield Corporation (17 subsidiaries -- warranty contracts for home systems and appliances) -- Complaints.
              • American Residential Services L.L.C. (35 subsidiaries, including but not limited to, American Mechanical Services -- electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation and air conditioning services) -- Complaints.
              • AmeriSpec, Inc. (home inspections; wholly-owned subsidiary of American Home Shield) -- Complaint.
              • Anticimex Development AB (5 subsidiaries)
              • Barefoot Grass Lawn Services, Inc.
              • Barefoot Services L.L.C.
              • CMI Group, The
              • Dallas Pest and Termite - a division of Terminix
              • Furniture Medic, Inc. (on-site furniture repair and restoration)
              • Furniture Medic Limited Partnership
              • Halliwell Engineering Associates L.L.C.
              • LTCS Investment Limited Partnership
              • Merry Maids, Inc. (domestic housekeeping services)
              • Merry Maids Limited Partnership
              • Rescue Rooter L.L.C. (plumbing and drain cleaning services)
              • Riwa B.V.
              • ServiceMaster Acceptance Corporation
              • ServiceMaster Acceptance Company Limited Partnership, The
              • ServiceMaster AM Limited Partnership
              • ServiceMaster Aviation L.L.C.
              • ServiceMaster Aviation Management Corporation
              • ServiceMaster Aviation Services Limited Partnership
              • ServiceMaster Company Limited Partnership, The
              • ServiceMaster Consumer Services, Inc.
              • ServiceMaster Consumer Services Limited Partnership
              • ServiceMaster Employer Services, Inc. (4 subsidiaries)
              • ServiceMaster Holding Corporation
              • ServiceMaster Home Health Care Services Inc.
              • ServiceMaster Limited
              • ServiceMaster Management Services, Inc.
              • ServiceMaster Management Corporation
              • ServiceMaster Management Services Limited Partnership
              • ServiceMaster Japan, Inc.
              • ServiceMaster Operations Germany GmbH
              • ServiceMaster Residential/Commercial Services Limited Partnership
              • ServiceMaster Residential/Commercial Services Management Corporation
              • ServiceMaster Strategic Limited Partnership
              • Steward Insurance Company
              • The Terminix International Company Limited Partnership (termite and pest control services) -- Complaints.
              • Terminix International, Inc.
              • Terminix B.V.
              • Terminix GmbH & Co. KG
              • Terminix Ltd. (35 subsidiaries)
              • TMX-Europe B.V.
              • TruGreen Holding L.L.C.
              • TruGreen, Inc.
              • TruGreen Landcare L.L.C. (17 subsidiaries -- commercial landscaping and tree services)
              • TruGreen Limited Partnership (“TruGreen ChemLawn” -- lawn care, tree and shrub services) -- Complaints.
              • We Serve America, Inc.
              • WeServeHomes.com, Inc.
              On a personal note I do have the Furniture Medic for a recliner my wife bought which has a lifetime warranty. Every couple of years they have to come out and replace some parts but they always show up.

Mark

Comment

A great example of what I am talking about is a couple of weeks ago . One of my customers called said service master/Rescue showed up collected 50 dollars and then told her they could not clean the drain . They said she needed a ground level C/O. When the customer asked what the additional cost would be, he told her to call Rescue or what ever company it is they own locally. Just seams wrong to me. He should have added a small fee and cleaned it from the roof or waste arm. She was so mad she just called me instead.

Comment

you are correct. it was american home shield.

i see and hear horror stories about this company every week. the majority of follow up work i do is because american home shield couldn't do it or the customer was so sick and tired of the companies and unqualified people they sent out. also when something was going to be cashed out, they always cashed them out for less than cost.

the realtors are also to blame as they tend to give the new owners a house warming gift with this lousy company.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

It has bean along time since I read up on these guys. If I remember correctly they give the Realtors kick backs or incentive to use them. Its just to much of a conflict for me. If or when I buy a house again I will do my homework before purchasing a home warranty.

Comment

Working...
                    X